Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2010, 06:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,268 times

Advertisements

I need to come to FL for three or four months this winter re: family emergency, I will be coming alone, with a small dog and looking for a furnished place. I need to be within 10 miles or so from aventura. I desperately need help in finding a safe area where I can come and go. will have to go back and forth to Aventura. Safety is the most important thng for me.

I really need help!
thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 10:50 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,712,467 times
Try looking on vrbo.com...I bet there are a ton of furnished condos, even on the ocean, available in Aventura, Hollywood, Hallandale Beach, Sunny Isles, Bal Harbour, and Surfside which would put you within 10 miles. So really, other than Hollywood, you'll be looking in Miami.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:46 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,831,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanigiani View Post
I need to come to FL for three or four months this winter re: family emergency, I will be coming alone, with a small dog and looking for a furnished place. I need to be within 10 miles or so from aventura. I desperately need help in finding a safe area where I can come and go. will have to go back and forth to Aventura. Safety is the most important thng for me.

I really need help!
thank you
Sunny Isles?

Old 10-18-2010, 12:12 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Try Aventura.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:28 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,473,973 times
Aventura is very expensive. I would recommend Hollywood, Dania Beach, or North Miami Beach.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:19 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Aventura is very expensive. I would recommend Hollywood, Dania Beach, or North Miami Beach.
I don't think Aventura is any more expensive than the safer parts of these cities, plus 10 miles is very deceptive when it comes to Aventura due to the traffic coming in and out of that area. 10 miles can be an hour at some times of the day. If anything, Hallandale might be cheaper and it is right next door. I would stick with Aventura proper or Hallandale.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:02 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,473,973 times
Compelled>

The poster is talking about renting a temporary place for 3 months. Aventura is nothing but luxury highrise condos that are going to require long term leases and hefty security deposits. I have searched for apartments in Aventura and all other parts of Broward and Dade several times. Aventura is consistently pricier than Hollywood and other surrounding areas. If the poster was looking for a 7-12 month lease, I might agree with you. But I doubt he'll find a 3 month in Aventura.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:06 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,712,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Compelled>

The poster is talking about renting a temporary place for 3 months. Aventura is nothing but luxury highrise condos that are going to require long term leases and hefty security deposits. I have searched for apartments in Aventura and all other parts of Broward and Dade several times. Aventura is consistently pricier than Hollywood and other surrounding areas. If the poster was looking for a 7-12 month lease, I might agree with you. But I doubt he'll find a 3 month in Aventura.
Florida South East Florida Vacation Rentals by Owner, Florida South East Florida VRBO, Vacation Home Rentals, Condo Rentals, FRBO Vacation Rentals, Florida South East Florida Travel Information (http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/south-east#a2629 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area