Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

everyone wants to live in a white neighborhood. but how can that happen? all white neighborhood we are told is the problem not the solution.
we should be wanting to live in a neighborhood that has good people.
that would be much better.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:41 PM

984 posts, read 4,318,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
we should be wanting to live in a neighborhood that has good people.
that would be much better.
Yeah, exactly...it should be about quality of life, and also reasonableness and fairness (no prejudices/discrimination - against any race/ethnicity)...it doesn't matter if there are black people, white people, white hispanic people, asian people, etc. etc...a neighborhood with good standards of living, and nice friendly folks...

As I always like to quote, brilliant quote, from Rodney King: "Can we all get along?!"

Old 05-08-2013, 10:55 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,102,689 times
If you want homogeneity South Florida is not the place, unless you are Hispanic then in which case there are certain neighborhoods in the Miami area where it is uniformly Hispanic but even then there are Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans with different skin tones, cultures, and backgrounds.

Try the Fort Myers area, the Port St. Lucie area or the space coast. The weather is slightly less tropical but still warm and fewer minorities if that is what you are trying to avoid.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:16 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times
if u want white america, south florida is not the place to look.
However, certain areas tend to be whiter than others. . . Boca, Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Parkland. But even those areas are still relatively diverse, which I think is good.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:09 AM

7 posts, read 17,314 times
South Florida is not the place to relocate if you're looking for an all American environment. Here there is a huge influx of African Americans, Haitians and Jamaicans, not to mention Miami, which is about 90% Cuban run. South Florida is also a melting pot of Arabs and Indians as well. I am one who likes diversity, even though sometimes I miss the older days of feeling like a true American here.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:20 AM

192 posts, read 298,419 times
Somewhere in the panhandle would be good.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseys Rants View Post
Boy I can't wait for people that have one sided views to die off..

It does not make a difference on either if you are Spanish-Black-White-Gay or Straight.. You are going to have good and bad people from ANY race-Sexual Orientation ( I know you did not mention Sexual Orientation but but I had to put that in as well) I moved here at 23 years old to get outta Jersey and be closer to my family.. It was also even funnier when I had to transfer to Miami to do a year down there and they would speak English but when I walked in the room switch to Spanish to talk smack about me.. Well when I answered them in Sicilian and informed them I knew what they were saying they shut up.. But I don't hold the actions of a few against a culture of over a million

Yes and no I saw more drug dealing by rich white kids in the club I used to run in Delray because they watch too much T.V. and try to emulate what they see ...

I come from a Middle Class Sicilian/Irish Family from Newark N.J. and well me and my friends never sold drugs or stole from anybody

That is the dumbest thing I ever heard of in my life, things happen in peoples lives in a blink of an eye for the better or for the very worst

And in Hollywood/Dania Beach/Miami its Spanish ( Who refuse to speak english they know it but refuse to speak it) and White People ( But most of those WHITE people are home from Iraq and Afghanistan)

I'm sorry My Sicilian grandparent's didn't ? when they moved here in '72 .. I hate to tell you after being in the Club business for 16 years most of your Drug Dealing Gangs are Hispanic You had Zulu Chapters 1 thru 18 and the Cholos.. Even the Davie Boys had mostly Hispanic Members..

Its not someones Heritage of Skin Color that makes them nice, its their personality an who they are that makes them good people..
Spot on on the last part, its the individual(s), not the race that does, the crime, or drugs, or whatever.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:23 AM

7 posts, read 17,314 times
I've been to Sicily and there is high crime, ghetto, garbage, and gangs there as well. They also look very Hispanic too, as well as some in Italy. The language is very similar and some sentences are even the same as in Spanish. In Italy, many are olive skinned or white. Depends who they mix with. Same with Hispanics. Crime is not limited to any specific ethnicity, JerceysRant

Old 05-13-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter6619 View Post
I've been to Sicily and there is high crime, ghetto, garbage, and gangs there as well. They also look very Hispanic too, as well as some in Italy. The language is very similar and some sentences are even the same as in Spanish. In Italy, many are olive skinned or white. Depends who they mix with. Same with Hispanics. Crime is not limited to any specific ethnicity, JerceysRant
There is bad areas everywhere, which I assume you are stating, and I restate, the individual does whatever not the ethnicity.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:51 PM

4 posts, read 8,455 times
This thread makes me very fearful that my son should ever come into contact with some of the posters in this thread (including the OP).

I've personally never experienced it , but I am not naive to the fact that you hide behind a computer but will readily glad hand in face to to face situations.

So OP - Question:

Would you take a transcript of your first post, walk up to a RE agency and read it to the person at the front desk - no matter what their (Btw: see that? Its their; not there - guess they didn't teach that stuff in nursing school) race?

How can you provide the best and unbiased care to someone if you can't even live next door to someone of their
ethnicity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area