Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 01:40 PM

249 posts, read 440,676 times

Advertisements

You are right, I thought he was a "brain" surgeon, which he is... among other specialties.
We can call him tomorrow, my husband's problem is not an accident, it's just... age. We will see what they say, I know Holy Cross takes his insurance.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 04:15 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allwyna View Post
You are right, I thought he was a "brain" surgeon, which he is... among other specialties.
We can call him tomorrow, my husband's problem is not an accident, it's just... age. We will see what they say, I know Holy Cross takes his insurance.
Thank you
Good luck, hope everything works out for him regardless of which doctor you choose.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:22 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,374,223 times
I have the highest regard for Dr. Kanell who repaired two torn meniscus on my right knee - that is all he does. But speak to Matt in his office and he will refer you to the best there is.

Old 12-26-2014, 02:57 PM

Default Update

Happy Holidays to all

I called several surgeons, none would do hip replacement, or didn't do the anterior way. We finally made an appointment with one who had been recommended by his sister: Dr Arad.

First greeting (not on a friendly tone): what are you doing here, instead of Ft-Lauderdale?
Then, looking at the X-rays taken in France a few months ago: you don't need a surgery! .
But I am in pain, Marvin says. Oh, then take 2 Ibuprofen . He takes Morphine, the pain is so excruciating
He doesn't operate at Memorial Hospital "it's a zoo"

He didn't look at the leg, and advised us to go back to Padden (whom he didn't know).
Now we have no choice, it's too late and he suffers so much. We will just have to pray.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:06 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,196 times
So sorry that your husband is suffering so much. I know you mentioned it has to be done in Broward County or as last resort Dade.

MY best suggestion being that your husband is obviously in a lot of pain & desperate is try University of Miami. Someone there can surely help him with this.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:37 AM

Thank you so much, loribell, but his assurance doesn't cover University of Miami

As a French, this system (and much more) is SO shocking to me!

Old 12-29-2014, 12:48 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,374,223 times
This is one of the top surgeons for knee and hip replacement.

William Vincent Burke, M.D Hip and Knee Replacement Fort Lauderdale Florida

Dr. Burk

Old 12-29-2014, 04:57 PM

Thank you but it's a bit late now. Between getting a referral and all the other pre-surgery formalities, we will never get it on time.
The surgery is scheduled now for Feb 13
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area