Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2015, 04:29 AM

2 posts, read 1,444 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone!
My daughter and I are planning a trip down to Nova Southeastern University to take part in their Trauma Resolution Integration Program (TRIP). We are currently in the NE and probably will end up doing a permanent move to the area. Treating trauma is not a quick fix.
I am over 55 and am thinking an affordable community within a comfortable driving distance to the clinic would be ideal. We would be going a couple times a week and she doesn't drive. The address is SW 30th ST, between University and Davie Rd. I am concerned about the traffic being horrid. From what I have read about the area it can be.
I have a house to sell up north and will probably have to stay in our Aliner while we get things started and see how things go. So I guess we're starting out needing a good nearby RV park, then we need suggestions on affordable communities/areas to look at for a move. I am really not comfortable with high HOA fees, like $300+, on top of a mortgage. She's on SSI and I have fixed income. I was hoping at one point I could sell my house and pay cash for a retirement house...not sure that can happen in that area. My house, in the condition it's in will probably only sell for $150K-$160k
I would appreciate any help you can offer.
Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 11:25 AM

24 posts, read 20,023 times
Your not going to get much for 160k in South Florida. Also HOA fees here are extremely high, expect to pay 400-500 a month. Some places though might include cable, internet, etc. I'm not sure how traffic is where your at but yes it can get really bad especially on university drive where nova is because people are trying to get onto 595. I did a Google search and found some RV parks

https://koa.com/campgrounds/davie/si...camping-sites/

Travel RV Resort motorhome Véhicule Motorisés Florida

http://www.seminolepark.com/Seminole_Park/Home

Old 09-26-2015, 01:24 PM

2 posts, read 1,444 times
Thanks! I Googled the RV parks too, didn't get exact same you did. Thanks I'll check them out. Good to know about University & 595. That's the kind of info I needed. Where to avoid when trying to get to the clinic, hopefully go in another way.
I looked on Realtor.com and it looks like if I can get in a good area ~4 miles more in Ft. Lauderdale, the prices go down. But will it take me a ridiculous amount of time to travel 4-5 miles? Any neighborhood suggestions?
Thank you!!

Old 09-26-2015, 02:18 PM

24 posts, read 20,023 times
Be very careful in choosing where to live in ft lauderdale. I'll post a link that shows a safety map of broward county. The general rule for broward is anything west of university is good and when you start to head east you start going downhill until you get close to the beach. Victoria Park, Lauderdale by the sea, and Las Olas are good areas in ft Lauderdale but I think those might be out of your budget. If I were you I would check out parts of Hollywood as they would be cheaper and not to far from NOVA. The thing about South Florida is you can have 400k houses on a street and a couple blocks down its a whole different world (lot of burglaries, drugs, etc) so it's best if you can check out the area before you come down, which if your staying in your RV you would be able to do.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...U-bJch74&msa=0

Map Key:

Dark Green - Very nice, well kept and very safe areas
Standard Green - Quite nice, well kept and quite safe areas
Light Green - Above average areas - nice enough, mostly well kept and safe areas
Dark Blue - Avg. decent to reasonable areas, decent aspect and partially safe
Light Blue - Fully/Mostly Non-Residential Areas -Neutral/Variable - see neighboring areas
Yellow - Below avg. areas, below avg. aspect and partially unsafe
Orange - Well below avg. areas, shoddy aspect and unsafe
Red - Mostly bad areas, poor aspect and quite unsafe

® © felipeb3159 All Rights Reserved 2013
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area