Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 09:47 AM

32 posts, read 60,502 times

Advertisements

I recently drove through Forest Ridge in Davie and it looks to be a nice neighborhood.
Was looking for a rental house $2000-$2500 range with close 595 access.

Does anybody know much about the community? What's the demographic and crime statistics there?

Or if anybody has any other community suggestions with the above criteria in the Davie and surrounding area, please let me know.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 12:39 PM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
Beautiful area, especially those homes that overlook Pine Island Ridge, the highest natural point in Broward County. Love the area. Look at the first sticky thread--you'll see it is coded green, and green areas are considered the safest. If you want actual crime stats you can check the BSO website I suppose. I doubt you'll find anything serious.

Demograhics, from what I've observed are that it's mostly white, few minorities or singles, mostly families, and some empty nesters.

My husband and I wanted to buy there but decided against it due to the way the community is situated along the FTL airport flight path. We asked around and the home owners we spoke to said that at first they heard the planes, but after awhile, maybe they just got used to it, they just didn't hear it anymore. You're renting--I wouldn't let that deter you.

I assume with your budget you're looking at 3/2's? You will probably be looking at more on the high end of your budget. Anything you find in the Forest Ridge area is going to be, by South Florida standards, safe. Good luck!

Old 01-18-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Beautiful area, especially those homes that overlook Pine Island Ridge, the highest natural point in Broward County. Love the area. Look at the first sticky thread--you'll see it is coded green, and green areas are considered the safest. If you want actual crime stats you can check the BSO website I suppose. I doubt you'll find anything serious.

Demograhics, from what I've observed are that it's mostly white, few minorities or singles, mostly families, and some empty nesters.

My husband and I wanted to buy there but decided against it due to the way the community is situated along the FTL airport flight path. We asked around and the home owners we spoke to said that at first they heard the planes, but after awhile, maybe they just got used to it, they just didn't hear it anymore. You're renting--I wouldn't let that deter you.

I assume with your budget you're looking at 3/2's? You will probably be looking at more on the high end of your budget. Anything you find in the Forest Ridge area is going to be, by South Florida standards, safe. Good luck!
thank you, that's great information.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:52 PM

62 posts, read 99,610 times
Wizrap covered it. Beautiful neighborhood, just helped clients buy in there. Some homes are dated, and others are gorgeously renovated. If you're looking at the school district, current schools zoned are 'A' Rated.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:27 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,631,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post

I have a friend who was renting in that area. He detested the planes. Swore he was moving out at the end of the first year and was actively looking at other stuff. He was even considering breaking the lease, really angry about it. Fast forward a couple years and he owns the same house now. They really do seem to get used to the planes.

But I'm with you, I bought further west partially just to avoid all the planes.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:36 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,433 times
Nice area, nice homes, excellent location...
One home for rent in your price range that I see online right now.
8850 LAKE PARK Circle, Davie, FL 33324
$2,250 49 Days on MLS ID: A2209336
For RENT A2209336 -
8850 LAKE PARK Circle, Davie, FL 33324 12 photos
Bed: 3 Bath: 3.0 Gar: 2
Liv Area Sq Ft: 1612 Built: 1997
Community: Forest Ridge Cluster Home
Pool: No
Single Family, Pets Allowed, Unfurnished

Old 01-18-2016, 07:24 PM

389 posts, read 662,130 times
I live east and can't really add anything to what's already been posted -- except that a former co-worker has lived in Forest Ridge for 24 years and loves it. I've visited his home a number of times over the years, and the neighborhood is quite nice. He works in downtown Fort Lauderdale and really enjoys the proximity to I-595, as well as the Turnpike. Not sure about the overall demographics of that area, but I'd estimate that he and his wife (they're both about 50, with two teenagers) combined earn about $125K a year, so it's probably on the upscale side. Negatives? I do recall him saying something about some short-lived gang problems (this was about 15 years ago), but a neighborhood watch program helped eliminate that. Don't remember him saying anything about being bothered by planes approaching the airport. so they apparently were used to it.

Last edited by Papillons2; 01-18-2016 at 07:37 PM..

Old 01-19-2016, 07:12 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Nice neighborhood. Very convenient. Go during the day to see if the planes bother you. My sons played lacrosse at Bamford and it made me crazy but some people don't mind.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:25 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Nice neighborhood. Very convenient. Go during the day to see if the planes bother you. My sons played lacrosse at Bamford and it made me crazy but some people don't mind.
I doubt it was anything like Shea stadium when LGA planes were taking off

Old 01-19-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
I have a friend who was renting in that area. He detested the planes. Swore he was moving out at the end of the first year and was actively looking at other stuff. He was even considering breaking the lease, really angry about it. Fast forward a couple years and he owns the same house now. They really do seem to get used to the planes.

But I'm with you, I bought further west partially just to avoid all the planes.
wouldn't you have the same noise problem further west which is still in the flight path?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area