Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2008, 03:22 PM

17 posts, read 63,510 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am looking to rent a condo or apt in the Ft. Lauderdale area within walking distance to the beach and shops and restaurants, etc. I have narrowed my search to the area between Commercial and Oakland Park, just off A1A. I have 2 cats, and I have found that this is a problem with most beach area condos...any suggestions?

My budget is $1200 per month and I want something updated with all tile or laminate...no carpet. I can do a 1 or 2 bedroom

I found a cool place in Leisure East in Lauderdale by the Sea, but they wouldn't budge on the pets rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 10:10 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,905,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannonfl1 View Post
Hi all,

I am looking to rent a condo or apt in the Ft. Lauderdale area within walking distance to the beach and shops and restaurants, etc. I have narrowed my search to the area between Commercial and Oakland Park, just off A1A. I have 2 cats, and I have found that this is a problem with most beach area condos...any suggestions?

My budget is $1200 per month and I want something updated with all tile or laminate...no carpet. I can do a 1 or 2 bedroom

I found a cool place in Leisure East in Lauderdale by the Sea, but they wouldn't budge on the pets rule.
Yep, I had the same problem when relocating. I actually spent 4 months trying to find a place flying down here weekly or biweekly. Unbelievable and I was willing to spend up to $1600. (It was in Dec, though, high season but I was willing to wait till April and I wanted a screened porch and they're not as common) I don't recall a single property walking distance to the beach that would take us.

No budging on pet rules in 33308, even for my two small birds weighing 30 grams each, 4 inches big. And that assoc or one like it over there says it's pet friendly but it's only for owners not renters. Cats are tough too, because they are said to do alot of damage on the occasions that they have done any at all. Because of the odor being difficult to get out of carpets and using litter boxes versus going for walks.

I found the best luck with realtors who know the area. There are a few that really know the beach and buildings well. That's a challenge too because they are not in good moods with the market as it is so call alot of them till you get a good vibe. Some sound good but then will put you in their system and send you reams and reams of printouts that weren't screened to your requirements so you have to check each one carefully. Better to find a realtor who shows enthusiasm and gives you specific addresses. But over there in Lauderdale by the Sea it's tough. And individual landlords may have rules about no pet even if the property is pet friendly, too. Sorry but I didn't keep my list of the ones who said ok and I moved to another county.

One realtor actually told me to sneak them into Bay Colony, lol, yeah right. So I could get evicted and still have to pay out the lease. I sort of remember the names maybe Palm Aire and/or Cypress Bend (Pompano and east of where you want to be) but I wasn't interested in them so I really don't recall.

Port Royale Apts was pet friendly but I really don't remember the policy. around 65th at Federal on water. Not too far from the beach.

Try realtor.com they have rentals there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area