Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2008, 07:47 PM

148 posts, read 682,853 times

Advertisements

Where are the best shows in Broward or PB? Also, what's the deal with Firework's here? I thought that only sparklers and fire-crackers were legal here. But, at the big box stores, I see there are products labeled Fireworks. Also, I saw a Fireworks stand near Wellington. Is FLorida like Pennsylvania?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 07:47 AM

23 posts, read 93,562 times
I'm pretty sure Florida doesn't allow airborne personal fireworks (bottle rockets etc), as a fire hazard. At least that's how it is up in Volusia county for sure.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:02 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,369,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore13 View Post
I'm pretty sure Florida doesn't allow airborne personal fireworks (bottle rockets etc), as a fire hazard. At least that's how it is up in Volusia county for sure.
Go out to sunrise, you see per couple block firework battles to see how has the best airborne fireworks. They look almost as good as if the city itself had done it. We were out there last year, neck got tired looking back and forth from all the fireworks going off.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:48 PM

159 posts, read 559,067 times
Hahahahahahahah! funny... TNT neptunes on dania bch blvd east of federal sells anything you could ever want... july 4th and newyears certain neigborhoods including mine have more stuff than the city displays. the "nicer" areas some one might call the cops... I guess the cops will take your stuff if they see you lighting roman candles etc. But we shoot of mortar shells 500 grm arials bottle rockets you name it. Check out neptunes if you want the real stuff.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:15 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,164,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey514 View Post
Where are the best shows in Broward or PB? Also, what's the deal with Firework's here? I thought that only sparklers and fire-crackers were legal here. But, at the big box stores, I see there are products labeled Fireworks. Also, I saw a Fireworks stand near Wellington. Is FLorida like Pennsylvania?
See below:
CONSUMER FIREWORKS
Specifically Permitted Devices approved and listed by State Fire Marshal which emit a shower of sparks upon burning, do not contain any explosive compounds, do not detonate or explode, are hand held or ground based, cannot propel themselves through the air, and that contain not more than 100 grams of the chemical compound that produces sparks upon burning. Any device that is not included in the list of approved items is prohibited, except that snakes, small smoke devices, trick noisemakers and certain other novelties may be sold at all other times.
Specifically Prohibited Firecrackers, torpedoes, skyrockets, roman candles, ***** bombs, and any fireworks containing explosive or flammable compounds.

Fireworks Enforcement Guide

Old 06-13-2008, 04:23 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,053,741 times
Yes...the big fireworks store will sell you the "illegal" heavy duty exploding, flying stuff without questions. They take a copy of your drivers license and make you sign some silly hold harmless forms and then you are off down firework supermarket lane ! Cops do not enforce the "sparklers only" rule...at least for the past 10 years they haven't. You can get whatever you want and whenever you want since most of these large stores are open year round. You will NOT find these things at the typical street side stands though....only the big boy stores such as the one in Dania Beach > Dania Beach, FL - TNT Supercenters - TNTFireworks.com (http://www.tntfireworks.com/supercenter.php?l=6 - broken link)

Old 06-13-2008, 04:28 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,034,060 times
There are fireworks stores everywhere. I think you have to sign a form saying the fireworks are for crop protection or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area