Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2010, 06:17 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,219,310 times

Advertisements

We will be visiting Fort Lauderdale later this year with my step-son and his friend...since they both enjoy fishing I was thinking of taking them out on a day trip...it really does not matter what we go out fishing for since it is doubtful that we will take any of the fish back with us...my main problem is that...since I am not from the area...I have no idea of which boat/charter is better than the other...any help would be appreciated...

The closest marina to where we will be staying is at the corner of Los Olas and Fort Lauderdale Blvd...thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 12:22 PM

157 posts, read 487,951 times
Default big time fishing.

I think there are charter boats available on Ft. Lauderdale beach. A beautiful marina called bahia-mar or something like that has charter boats. It is next to the swimming hall of fame. Very close to where you will be staying. There are many others charters available in the area. But bring a credit card or big bucks. Many of these charters go out in the ocean for big game fish like sailfish. Others might take you trolling for dolphin. some of these boats are 30 feet long. A ball park price is 5 hundred for half a day for 4 guys. Of course they do everything for you except pull in the fish. It is a great experience if you can afford it.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:35 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,054,754 times
So many to choose from, but The Happy Day Today at Bahia Mar "A" Dock is the Best Charter Boat around !

Old 03-29-2010, 03:40 PM

60 posts, read 234,046 times
You can go cheaper, you can jump on a boat that goes out daily with other ppl on it. Go to Bahia Mar (where all the yachts are) on the beach rd between the bahia cabana/Days Inn and the Bahia Mar hotel, where the Jungle Boat departs. The first boat on the left near the water taxi stand, ask for Andy, they're flexible. I wish I could remember what they're called, just go one afternoon and talk to him, he'll tell you what time they go out the next day.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:13 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,361,280 times
Back in the day you would get a refund if you didn't catch fish, nowadays the only thing you catch on a charter boat is 10 other people's lines.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:59 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,219,310 times
Thanks for the help...but since it will the first fishing trip for my step-son's friend...I think the party boat option is the best...for like everyone else...I would hate to spend the big bucks only to find he gets sea sick....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area