Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2010, 08:30 PM

182 posts, read 501,968 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are thinking of renting with our 3 kids for a year or so before working out exactly where we might like to live. There are a lot of apartment complexes online, they look really nice.

Is there anything I should know about complex living before pursuing it as a living option. Are they as nice as the websites? Is it a popular option in the US?

Considering Plantation, PPines and Weston (just to narrow it down a bit for everyone).

Thanks again for your help,
Cant wait to come )))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 05:15 AM

469 posts, read 1,327,849 times
The websites do sensationalize the complexes IMO. The models tend to have upgrades, colored walls and such. I live in St. Andrews and I like it alot. The landscaping outside the complexes seem accurate. I seen complexes in PPines and Coral Springs before deciding to set root in Weston. I liked the "look" of Club Mira Lago and Lake Pointe in Coral Spings very much- very lush, on a lake, walking path etc...

Old 04-19-2010, 07:45 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,764,184 times
Nadine and I agree on almost everything Former. I loved Mira Lago - but since I have decided PP is for me that complex is out. It was zoned for really good schools too! I really like Weston, don't get me wrong, however, I really liked West Pembroke Pines as well and to be honest they were both asthetically beautiful - although - Weston looks like it is out of a movie. The clencher for me is that PP is convenient to everything shopping wise. I know it has the headaches of traffic, but my thinking is that if you have to come from Weston or Cooper City to shop in PP anyway, wouldn't it be better to just be there? Just my thinking. I really like the Falls of PP - I know that Namomof3 didn't like it so much but it really was very nice - I don't live there so I can't give you any specifics about how good it is to actually live there. I know that some warned of the "kids who wear baggy pants" (OMG - how can they). There were a group of baggy pants wearing kids hangin out when I was walking around the complex and they actually initiated a hello - I know what mongrols they are for actually being polite and shattering the theory that they are all hoodlums!

I am more than likely going with a townhome that has most of the amenities that apartment complexes offer. It seems to be a little cheaper and easier to go that way.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:56 AM

141 posts, read 405,374 times
Chelsea and Former fire- Also look at Grand Palms in PP. Very near 75 and the malls. The neighborhood (subdivisions) of Courtyards and Encino have had some interesting rentals recently. A RE agent can easily check others out for you.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:35 AM

469 posts, read 1,327,849 times
Oh Chels- I just seen this post that you decided on WPP. I have to admit I do like the shopping options and restaurants in PPs. No place in Weston that I can get some authentic cafe con leche (at least I have not found one). My husband just joined a boxing gym in PP so we will be venturing there more often I am sure. Send me a message on facebook when you decide on everything!

Old 04-19-2010, 11:00 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,359,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Nadine and I agree on almost everything Former. I loved Mira Lago - but since I have decided PP is for me that complex is out. It was zoned for really good schools too! I really like Weston, don't get me wrong, however, I really liked West Pembroke Pines as well and to be honest they were both asthetically beautiful - although - Weston looks like it is out of a movie. The clencher for me is that PP is convenient to everything shopping wise. I know it has the headaches of traffic, but my thinking is that if you have to come from Weston or Cooper City to shop in PP anyway, wouldn't it be better to just be there? Just my thinking. I really like the Falls of PP - I know that Namomof3 didn't like it so much but it really was very nice - I don't live there so I can't give you any specifics about how good it is to actually live there. I know that some warned of the "kids who wear baggy pants" (OMG - how can they). There were a group of baggy pants wearing kids hangin out when I was walking around the complex and they actually initiated a hello - I know what mongrols they are for actually being polite and shattering the theory that they are all hoodlums!

I am more than likely going with a townhome that has most of the amenities that apartment complexes offer. It seems to be a little cheaper and easier to go that way.
Mira Lago is nice until you break something that is from the 1980's and then they tell you to pay for it yourself. Front Office was very nice until you move in, then you're a PITA to them.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
Mira Lago is nice until you break something that is from the 1980's and then they tell you to pay for it yourself. Front Office was very nice until you move in, then you're a PITA to them.
LOL - Well, now I'm glad I didn't move in there. I have heard some horror stories from these complexes.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:53 AM

995 posts, read 3,929,159 times
To OP,

Just in case you didn't know, you can rent single family homes or town homes in US. It's very common here.

If I had 3 kids and were looking for a good neighborhood to live for a long time, I would rent a house to test the neighborhood. Remember kids don't usually like switching schools after 1 year. Several friends of mine rented first but can't move out because their kids don't want to go to a different school.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
To OP,

Just in case you didn't know, you can rent single family homes or town homes in US. It's very common here.

If I had 3 kids and were looking for a good neighborhood to live for a long time, I would rent a house to test the neighborhood. Remember kids don't usually like switching schools after 1 year. Several friends of mine rented first but can't move out because their kids don't want to go to a different school.
You are 100% right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area