Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:12 PM

34 posts, read 222,268 times

Advertisements

Fauve you are giving me a bleak picture of an old ghost town in the western movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 07:57 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,710,346 times
haha...right down to the guns!

I'm sorry. I wish things were stronger - it will get better in time. In fact, there will be so much pent up want for homes, service and goods that the economy will just explode. Hang in there!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:23 PM

34 posts, read 222,268 times
Default Coral Springs comeback

I just want to be in Florida when it does explode with growth. Its like being at the bottom of the Dow (where is that -no clue). Florida has potential to come back first and I hear my relatives down there tell me is starting to pick up a bit. Its prob a fluke blip though. It would take me a year to sell all my business equipment and house-so I want to be there when it happens. I heard you can cook eggs on your car hood in the summer LOL.!
Does all my mindset sound like a wishful fantasy??? I cant stand 6 months of snow and cold hell here.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:46 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,710,346 times
This is as tough to predict as the Dow and they are almost synergistically connected. I think, like the market, it will bump along the bottom up and down for awhile until all the bad seeds (banks/houses) all clear the system. I think the president's stimulus package is going to be very favorable for this area. It's a gamble though to know for sure when you have to decide now about how the market could be in a year from now. If it is any consolation, I think housing prices will be one of the last things to go up (sales were up recently due to foreclosure sales). There's just too much inventory here.

But deciding to sell your business and house is a huge step. Maybe if you brought your equipment with you? (I mean you're going to lose selling used and pay a premium to buy it back when you get here...) Perhaps also you could have an alternative plan, so that in a year, if S Florida isn't on its way back up, you could look forward to a moving to some other sunny locale? It could also be that by the time you get here, everyone else will be gone and you'll have the whole place to yourself and LOTS of business as things roar back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area