Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 01:36 AM

16 posts, read 66,962 times

Advertisements

I found a perfect mobile home in Sunshine Village in Davie Fl. I have looked online regarding uniprop properties and it seems they have sold 18 of their properties over the past few years.

I also found that there was talk of selling the community in 2006. Does anyone have any newer information? I was told by the manager that there were no intentions to sell,

Does anyone know anything about this community?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 06:10 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,904,587 times
It is in a nice area. I don't know anything about whether this property is being sold but I do know that many mobile home parks in the area have been sold over the past 5 years. One thing that you need to know is that you need to have a plan for what you will do when there is a tropical system. You will need to evacuate your mobile home during tropical systems so you should have a plan as to how you will protect your property and where you will go when one hits.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:51 AM

Ive lived in south florida my entire life. Generally during hurricanes no matter where I have lived apartment house, mobile home, We leave after being with out electric for 3 weeks in 2005. Hotel north of us are always our option.

As for the posibility of the house not withstanding a hurricane. The new ones are built to withstand 150 MPH winds. If that comes through, a good majority of homes cant withstand that. But thats what insurance is for. Material things can be replaced.

Also in Florida Flooding is an issue. Your chances of damage from flooding is signifigantly less than in a home.

I really like the area down there, but with all of the closures of parks, Im just worried that this is something that is going to happen in the near future.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:55 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,372,728 times
You can be certain there is something that is going to happen in the very near future. All of these mobile home parks are closing. There are a very few left and they, too will be closing.

If you want/need to make an investment in property, then it would be prudent for you to examine your options and veer away from this type of housing.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:30 PM

What makes you so certain that something is going to happen in the near future? I have not been able to find anything in that regard.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:53 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,111,576 times
Unless you are either getting a trailer dirt cheap, or the mobile home park is willing to sign a long term lot lease with no sneaky cancellation clauses, I'd stay away from this. Mobile home parks in expensive areas, anywhere in the country pretty much, are being redeveloped at a high rate.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:58 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,050,573 times
I have heard that the mobile home park off 130 ave in Davie is going to close in 6 months to make way for a newer shenandoa area.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 8,243 times
Default Sunshine Village

towhoe95 I have lived in SV for over 7 yrs now and during Wilma I lost two pieces of siding and a hand full of shingles. the regular homes around us had a lot more damage than that. I don't know where the person who told you that a MH would flood got his/her info. My home sits 4' off the gound, a regular home sits on the ground, which would flood first?

I'd say if you're looking for some place nice and quiet to live and you have found a home in sunshine village, I'd buy it. I have been able to save all kinds a money and have good neighbors. Now I have to say there are some trailer parks around that I wouldn't think about living in but the park managers keep a pretty good handle on things and make it nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area