Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 12:17 AM

19 posts, read 86,262 times

Advertisements

I googled worst neighbors and was surprised that the worst were ie barking dog, neighbors palm fron fall in my yard, borrowed cereal at 730am. That would be like living in the hamptons for me.
I bought a home in the North andrews garden area of Oakland park almost two years ago. Before I bought it I came to the home and/or drove by to check out the area at all hours on weekdays and weekends (3pm after school, 5pm after work, fri at midnight, saturday at 2am). It seemed quite until I moved in. The neighbors would sit outside with a car stereo blaring all day and night. There are from 5 to 20+ people there. (the owner is a lady and her adult son). They have partied on the front lawn drinking and URINATE standing in the front lawn. I pick up trash that they throw or blows in my yard bi weekly. When I was coming back from walking my dog I witness one of their friends driving away. He stopped and throw a MCdonalds bag and cups in my yard. When I got to my house I picked it up and throw it in their yard. They had a sheet in their front window but, about a year ago they just put all the storm shutters down. At least it keeps them from coming in and out of the windows all day and night.
They sell drugs from the house. They have a drive thru. A car pulls up in front on the wrong side of the road and sits there on the phone. The guy comes out and the car leaves after 30 to 60 seconds. The most I have seen is 3 cars lined up. Within 5 mintutes they made 3 drug deals.
They have cut their lawn less then 10 times in two years and when they did they shot the grass clippings on my house. They don't need to cut it much it is a parking lot. People drive thru my lawn and park on their lawn. NOT on the swell dirve thru my lawn. I see tracks 3 foot from my palm island. I had to put metal poles and a potted plant to stop them. I have changed to many sprinkler heads. Plus, they stand out and get high in the front lawn. Also, there is a childrens wooden swing set that is 4 feet from my back fence. They sit on it (this is young men early to mid 20's)and get high. It overlooks my back yard. I hate to go in my own backyard because, they are there all day and night just looking in my yard.
They have 12 bikes (i counted 3 days ago) under there carport and 3 in the high weeds scattered in their backyard. Also, I have seen two new looking bikes without wheels set out for trash day. They got caught stealing a bike. A girl and about 5 guys followed them. BSO came and said if she could not prove it was her bike there was nothing they could do (WTF).
Between 4 people on our street there has been 8 complaints to bso,oakland bso office and code enforcement. 3 of the calls where for the gang voilence. At 2am there were 20 to 30 guys on the street, some with their faces and heads wrapped with poles and bricks fighting. One guy pulled up with a gun. Then, they scattered. BSO came about a mintue later. The next day the fight started again. They broke out someones car window with a brick.(I didn't even call 911. why? nothing changed when we called before).
I took two of the 1x1 baggies that I find in my yard and on the property line to the head of narc in oakland park. He told me to just throw them away. (why do I believe if I was stopped on the way there I would have been arrested?) BSO said they raided the house. NOT one neighbor saw the cops at all. They didn't find anything but, some of them have records of selling coke. He asked how it was there now. I told him there hasn't been many cars but, about 4 guys ride up on bikes, get something and ride away. BSO said "they must be delivering on bikes now. They will be out by the end of the summer. Call us if you have any other problems." WHAT! UH yeah I have a problem, my neighbors are delivering drugs from there house on bikes.
Two weeks later I saw a boy no older then 14 buying drugs there. I called. BSO said "can you swear under oath that you saw a green leafy substance pass hands? ME- "No, but I am not stupid. Everyone in the neighborhood know they are selling drugs." BSO- "well, just because evvverryyyone in the neighborhood knows does not mean we can violate their rights."
So, i had to get a alarm system and a 9mm.
Do I have the worst neighbors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 12:42 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,707,891 times
Quote:
Do I have the worst neighbors?
You win by a landslide.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:35 AM

Besides the complaints to bso (have not been effective),an alarm and firearm what else can I do???? I left out a lot because, my post was getting so long Besides these neighbors everyone here is nice.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:13 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyj253 View Post
Besides the complaints to bso (have not been effective),an alarm and firearm what else can I do???? I left out a lot because, my post was getting so long Besides these neighbors everyone here is nice.
I feel bad for you. I now know I have it pretty good.

Is this how neighborhoods watches start? That is difficult because most people don't want to bring problems on themselves.

Maybe you can open up a house of worship. Just kidding.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:59 AM

1,558 posts, read 4,782,633 times
You need to call BSO every time it is warranted, whether they respond or not. You do have some pretty bad neighbors. Sounds like North Andrews Gardens has gone down hill since it was taken in by Oakland Park years ago.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:16 PM

I thought people would not even believe how bad it is. I told bso head of narcotics I was thinking of putting up video cameras. He asked "What are you going to do with the tapes?" Me-"Give them to you." Bso- "What am I going to do with them?" I thought it would be video evidence. I was wrong.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:58 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyj253 View Post
I thought people would not even believe how bad it is. I told bso head of narcotics I was thinking of putting up video cameras. He asked "What are you going to do with the tapes?" Me-"Give them to you." Bso- "What am I going to do with them?" I thought it would be video evidence. I was wrong.
I am not sure they can use that as evidence.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:39 PM

976 posts, read 1,111,168 times
I live in a neighbohood where homes were once $350k - $400k, and it's amazing how some people can still act. It's like you can take folks out of the ghetto, but you cant take he ghetto out of some of them. We have a few neighbors that have even set up cameras under the eve of their roof.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:21 PM

I have learned some new rap lyrics. As they sit in the play tower overlooking my back yard they rap. "kill that N****" "B**** gonna S*** me good F*** me good" And as if it could not get anymore vulgar "N***** come around when the P**** gets wet".
When I moved in I put up a gazebo, planted bananas,palms,angels trumpets,papaya and worked hard to make it my own tropical oasis. Now, I don't go out there. It's a place for my dog to use the bathroom.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:56 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,782,633 times
Kenny, if BSO doesn't want to do anything take them to the next city council meeting to be shown. If it is contract renewal time with BSO that would be even better. If the video shows drugs being sold in the open I bet the next day after the video is shown at a council meeting BSO will be out in force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area