Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:27 PM

55 posts, read 233,810 times

Advertisements

AMEN! I so agree with you, it all starts with the parents!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 10:20 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,201,108 times
Probably a victim himself of his parents - physical abuse, sexual abuse or something....you don't get that angry just from listening to music or something.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:09 AM

627 posts, read 1,622,268 times
The one with light clothing doesn't look that bad. But, the one with green clothing, wow.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:17 PM

157 posts, read 601,251 times
another reason things like this keep happening is because unfortunatelly they get away with the teasing and bullying at school, even teachers are afraid of these kids.
my son is teased all the time but refuses to tell the counselor or teachers about it because he's afraid of worse retaliation...point proven with the news we're reading about.
that's because when a child says something the adults feel that the right thing to do is to "talk" to the bully about the incident, well, that just gives the bully more fuel for his anguer.
I totally agree with the posting about the PARENTS being accountable for this kind of behavior, but saddly there is no way of making them accountable until it's too late.
Kids are often baby sat by their tvs and computers, their extreme behavior excused by ADHD, they have no bounderies, no discipline, no consequences, and one day one of them does something like that and everybody is shocked.
We need to go back 50 years on parenting and re learn how to raise our kids from our grandparents.
Sit at the table for dinner and talk - every day.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:12 AM

59 posts, read 115,442 times
lol please stop trying to blame this on video games and movies. If a kid is demented sure these things will do this. But if they're to that point its already the parents fault for not recognizing it sooner.

I played all the 'evvvvvil video games' growing up and saw all the graphic movies and TV shows and I know hundreds of other kids the same way who are perfectly fine and contributing members of society now.

So please stop with the blame on TV, Video Games, and Movies. All you're doing is shrinking other peoples liberty with your blind and ignorant hate.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:12 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaLEO View Post
lol please stop trying to blame this on video games and movies. If a kid is demented sure these things will do this. But if they're to that point its already the parents fault for not recognizing it sooner.

I played all the 'evvvvvil video games' growing up and saw all the graphic movies and TV shows and I know hundreds of other kids the same way who are perfectly fine and contributing members of society now.

So please stop with the blame on TV, Video Games, and Movies. All you're doing is shrinking other peoples liberty with your blind and ignorant hate.
My kids played those games, as well.
But they also had boundaries, they got parental love and attention, and ate at the dinner table every night.
I bet you did, too.

I am not big on censorship, but I do think that television and the internet make awfully poor babysitters.

Granitelady is correct: no doubt the teachers are afraid of these kids, and there is little if any accountability on the part of the parents.

It is a vicious circle and it has been going on a long time. Anybody can give birth, but parenting skills involve more than bringing home a paycheck.
Some people are just born with a blank spot where their humanity is supposed to be. Still, I wonder what kind of bringing up that angry-faced boy has had.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:53 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,053,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaLEO View Post

It has a large part to do with it SFL LEO. Parenting is the other 50% of it. I can tell you one thing....when you were growing up they did NOT have games like grand theft auto...I can assure you of that. Mortal Kombat was the "deadliest" game I can think of. Grand theft auto is in a league by itself, hey...they even have thugs beating up cops in that video game. What do you think of that

Moderator cut: personal attack
Attached Thumbnails
Check out the face of this teen-gta1.jpg   Check out the face of this teen-gta2.jpg  

Last edited by fauve; 10-29-2009 at 12:55 AM..

Old 10-26-2009, 10:22 AM

59 posts, read 115,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
It has a large part to do with it SFL LEO. Parenting is the other 50% of it. I can tell you one thing....when you were growing up they did NOT have games like grand theft auto...I can assure you of that. Mortal Kombat was the "deadliest" game I can think of. Grand theft auto is in a league by itself, hey...they even have thugs beating up cops in that video game. What do you think of that ?

Moderator cut: response to deleted comment

Its a GAME I could care less about people beating up cops in a video game. And yes Grand Theft Auto has been around when I was growing up. (original GTA is from the mid/late 90s) You know over 12 years ago.

Last edited by fauve; 10-29-2009 at 12:57 AM..

Old 10-26-2009, 01:26 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
It has a large part to do with it SFL LEO. Parenting is the other 50% of it. I can tell you one thing....when you were growing up they did NOT have games like grand theft auto...I can assure you of that. Mortal Kombat was the "deadliest" game I can think of. Grand theft auto is in a league by itself, hey...they even have thugs beating up cops in that video game. What do you think of that ?

Now go make a run for Krispy Kreme to get your blood sugar up. You are cranky.

I think that you as a parent are responsible for making decisions as to what is appropriate for your kids to play. Don't blame the game, blame the parents for letting their kids play it.

Game producers have First Amendment rights (within limits). They can produce violent content if they like. No one is forcing anyone to buy these games.

It all comes back to the parents. I do wish people would stop endorsing censorship and trying to change the whole of society just because some parents are dirtbags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area