Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 11:28 AM

87 posts, read 256,684 times

Advertisements

Here are my impressions after one week of moving to Hallandale Beach from Orlando.

HALLANDALE BEACH

2. Located in the center... between Miami and Ft Lauderdale.
3. Quiet neighborhood.
4. Close to grocery stores, drug stores, shopping centers, post office, public transit, etc.
5. Close to the vibrant nightlife of Miami and Ft Lauderdale.

DISLIKES:
1. Too much transient people... no sense of community.
2. Bad quality of customer service. I think it is due many people moved here and are now dissapointed, but cannot afford the cost of relocating out of here.
3. Many people are rude and have an attitude like if South Florida would be the only part of Florida.
4. Tendency to be superficial and "plastic"... in other words, you value for what you have... fashion, fashion, fashion!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 01:15 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,707,314 times
I think your dislikes are not unique to Hallandale, unfortunately.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:51 AM

157 posts, read 487,491 times
Default Quick impressions.

I think you have made an astute observation of the general area.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:11 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,211,164 times
Sounds almost exactly like Orlando, besides the close to the beach part.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:19 AM

3 posts, read 6,039 times
People can be flaky wherever you choose to live. Might as well be near the beach.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:09 AM

74 posts, read 116,381 times
It’s the culture/language diversity that keeps people from become more friendly to each other , every culture seems to think their better than others so when you get a heavily divers arras you get a lot of folks not willing to make new friends with others who poses culture/language deferential then theirs.. a strong stance confidence be kind and smile works well it braking that barrier

Old 06-09-2010, 12:56 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,707,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasperFile View Post
It’s the culture/language diversity that keeps people from become more friendly to each other , every culture seems to think their better than others so when you get a heavily divers arras you get a lot of folks not willing to make new friends with others who poses culture/language deferential then theirs.. a strong stance confidence be kind and smile works well it braking that barrier
I don't know if I agree with this. NYC is about as diverse as you get and yet everyone is pretty friendly and inclusive with one another.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:22 PM

157 posts, read 487,491 times
Smile great advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasperFile View Post
I agree with Kasper. I`m trying to follow his advice.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:00 PM

68 posts, read 296,393 times
Your dislike list is liveable.

There are down to earth people here. Hollywood in particular is full of them. Customer service can be awful, but then again someone really helps you and makes you smile.

Yeah, we're transient, but I've managed to have a core group of friends who have lived here forever. Try a meet up group, or go to Tarks in Dania if you really want to see non plastic, friendly people. Fried food, but lots of fun and no attitude.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:07 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyinhollywood View Post
Your dislike list is liveable.

There are down to earth people here. Hollywood in particular is full of them. Customer service can be awful, but then again someone really helps you and makes you smile.

Yeah, we're transient, but I've managed to have a core group of friends who have lived here forever. Try a meet up group, or go to Tarks in Dania if you really want to see non plastic, friendly people. Fried food, but lots of fun and no attitude.
Love Tark's. I probably never would have walked into the place if had not been recommended by a friends but I love Tark's. Another great down to earth place is The Georgia Pig in Fort Lauderdale (on 441 North of I-595).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area