Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 11:31 AM

12 posts, read 60,146 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a good pool service who will also fill the pool as needed without charging a ridiculous amount. My current company wants to charge $30 every time they need to add water....This is a seasonal home and I'm hoping to make friends with my neighbors, but until then, I need a reliable service. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 02:20 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,877,165 times
PoolDr fills my pool whenever needed with no additional charge.I have a timer on the hose and he just sets it for an hour and leaves.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:57 PM

616 posts, read 1,565,722 times
We use Jason at Accurate Pools and Service. Been using him for 2 years. I can't say if he will not charge as we are residents, but based off of him charging us only 25.00 to fix our pool pump (wire fell off or something like that) and new gaskets etc etc instead of cheating and saying that we needed a new pump, I think that if you ask, he'll do it.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:22 PM

6 posts, read 9,516 times
What Samiamnh & Stahltkd said !!
I used a timer before this tennant. He uses & pays for his selection of pool service.

The timer will allow the service to set it, and leave.

Accurate Pools sounds like a great find !!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:30 AM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,366,500 times
You can also get a water leveler. We are part time as well, but have a water leveler for the pool so the water level stays constant 24/7. Simple device that uses a float not unlike a toilet tank. Connects to the faucet with a high pressure hose. When the water level drops, the float goes down and opens the water valve. When the water level rises to where it should be, the float goes up and shuts off the water. Set it and leave it. About $100 including the hose.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:43 PM

1 posts, read 5,503 times
Pelican Pool Service will also not charge you as long as you have a hose set up on a timer.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:36 AM

693 posts, read 2,014,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjj View Post
You can also get a water leveler. We are part time as well, but have a water leveler for the pool so the water level stays constant 24/7. Simple device that uses a float not unlike a toilet tank. Connects to the faucet with a high pressure hose. When the water level drops, the float goes down and opens the water valve. When the water level rises to where it should be, the float goes up and shuts off the water. Set it and leave it. About $100 including the hose.
These are not fool proof by any stretch of the imagination and most people would NOT recommend the float system, especially for people that might not be at home for weeks at a time. Google and you will find out that these floats are prone to sticking or filling with water, so if you aren't home to notice the water level it will sometimes remain open for days creating a water bill that will make you puke upon opening it or on the other hand they can also stick closed so your water level continues to dwindle and possibly causing your pump to burn out. The timer works good, as long as it is battery powered or has a battery back up. Again the same things can happen if the time fails.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:23 AM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,366,500 times
Agree that nothing is fool proof. We did research both timers and the leveler and it is clear that either could fail. But there seemed to be more failures with timers staying open that levelers. Our pool company (Gulfstream - which does a great job) comes by every week as does our home watch company. So if our leveler sticks open, it would only be for a few days. Sticking shut for a few days probably not a catastrphe since the pump is drawing from the pool vac and main drain. Have not had any problems to date.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:06 PM

12 posts, read 60,146 times
This is my concern about a timer or a float....what if it fails? And my pool guy doesnt come back for a week? I will have a home check service bi-weekly, (and hopefully nice neighbors, but that wouldn't solve the issue of a possible failure....thanks for the responses, I was curious as to what other seasonal owners do!

Old 04-23-2012, 05:40 PM

693 posts, read 2,014,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubagirl40 View Post
This is my concern about a timer or a float....what if it fails? And my pool guy doesnt come back for a week? I will have a home check service bi-weekly, (and hopefully nice neighbors, but that wouldn't solve the issue of a possible failure....thanks for the responses, I was curious as to what other seasonal owners do!
I ll tell ya one more thing, you won't put water nearly as often in the summer as you do in the winter, so that helps too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area