Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 06:13 PM

325 posts, read 1,020,392 times

Advertisements

I hope they will stay quiet for you. I lived in a couple of places with really loud neighbors or dogs barking and it can really be awful. I did try talking really nicely to both to no avail. I even brought over a pie when her kids started the house on fire. She would get so drunk and loud. We ended up moving because nothing worked. Sounds promising for you. Let us know how it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 10:22 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,209 times
I have never had success speaking directly to neighbors (using the nice approach).
My first step now, call the police.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:51 PM

52 posts, read 111,568 times
Default Block Party!

I live in an area where the younger neighbors have loud music & parties often. There may have been a time in my life, when it would've driven me up a tree Not so much now. I try to understand and appriciate the diverstiy of our cultures here in the US.
If what they're doing is truly rude and selfish toward their neighbors. And if, the rift & hard feelings you'll cause by calling the autorirties is no worse than the relationship you already have with the noisy neighbors.
Then go down, and file a police report first. Don't be confrontational by having a cruiser show up and embarass them in front of their friends during their noisy cookout or keg party. I'd recomend you pick up, or rent a decible meter and get some readings down, with dates before hand. etc...
If someone, like a cop, neighbor or judge asks you "exactly how loud was it?" You'll have the data (on the police report,) and sound more like a citizen with a rightful complaint, rather than a person who doesn't like to see other people have a good time. I'd also see if you could gather signatures of other neighbors who feel the same way you do. = strenght in numbers

Good luck

Old 05-25-2012, 06:36 AM

53 posts, read 120,396 times
Now that it's quiet, maybe a "thank You" would be in order.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:16 AM

205 posts, read 421,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshells View Post
We moved into a house in Ft. Myers about a month ago. I love the house and the neighborhood isn't bad with the exception of one negative.

There's a few duplexes across the street, and one guy living in one of the apartments which is caddy corner to our house blasts international music constantly (sounds like bad polka). He basically opens up his car doors and trunk, turns the volumne up all the way then goes into his apartment while it plays for hours. There's been times my windows have rattled from the bass and even inside with the air on this junk can be heard (when we first moved in we heard it until 3am in the morning).

Only one other neighbor besides myself has called Lee County that I know of (don't know if the others around here don't mind the music, enjoy it or won't call out of fear). From what I've been told it's not considered a disturbance until 10 pm (I have called a number of times).

Short of selling our house, does anyone have any similiar experiences or suggestions (other than wishing he'd blow his speakers).

I a similiar experience, I went and bought the guy a bag of pot, cost me $45.00 he was a party kind of guy.
I told him I didn't like his music and I asked him if he would play some music that I liked at a lower volume

I bet you would like to know what happened next

Last edited by easytim; 05-31-2012 at 01:38 AM..

Old 05-31-2012, 06:59 AM

693 posts, read 2,012,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytim View Post
I a similiar experience, I went and bought the guy a bag of pot, cost me $45.00 he was a party kind of guy.
I told him I didn't like his music and I asked him if he would play some music that I liked at a lower volume

If you are in St.Louis and lived to tell, I think we all know what happened next!

Old 05-31-2012, 07:46 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytim View Post

FYI one should never admit to breaking the law on a public website, It could come back to haunt you. MUM's the word

Old 05-31-2012, 07:46 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,874,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD0123 View Post
I live in an area where the younger neighbors have loud music & parties often. There may have been a time in my life, when it would've driven me up a tree Not so much now. I try to understand and appriciate the diverstiy of our cultures here in the US.
If what they're doing is truly rude and selfish toward their neighbors. And if, the rift & hard feelings you'll cause by calling the autorirties is no worse than the relationship you already have with the noisy neighbors.
Then go down, and file a police report first. Don't be confrontational by having a cruiser show up and embarass them in front of their friends during their noisy cookout or keg party. I'd recomend you pick up, or rent a decible meter and get some readings down, with dates before hand. etc...
If someone, like a cop, neighbor or judge asks you "exactly how loud was it?" You'll have the data (on the police report,) and sound more like a citizen with a rightful complaint, rather than a person who doesn't like to see other people have a good time. I'd also see if you could gather signatures of other neighbors who feel the same way you do. = strenght in numbers

Good luck
What's "diversity" got to do with being rude and noisy.....I don't care what they look like as long as they are respectful of their neighbors.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:34 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
I'm sure that Tim is going to say he doesn't actually smoke pot but gosh, I wouldn't even know where to buy some or know anyone else that does, either. My first thought on reading the OP's post is "Yeah, welcome to Southwest Florida" and when reading Tim's was "He'll fit in well down there."

One of the many nice things about moving to Knoxville is only hearing the bass in someone's car once in 7 years and that car had Jersey plates. Go figure...

People are more respectful of others in different parts of the country than other areas.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:09 PM

205 posts, read 421,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I'm sure that Tim is going to say he doesn't actually smoke pot but gosh, I wouldn't even know where to buy some or know anyone else that does, either. My first thought on reading the OP's post is "Yeah, welcome to Southwest Florida" and when reading Tim's was "He'll fit in well down there."

One of the many nice things about moving to Knoxville is only hearing the bass in someone's car once in 7 years and that car had Jersey plates. Go figure...

People are more respectful of others in different parts of the country than other areas.

It was 25 years ago, I worked for a automobile manufacturing plant of 4500 people, it was like a little city, you could find anything you wanted, all you had to do was ask

Your not going to fight the loud party people by using the cops, you will make enemies, thats not the results your want.

Last edited by easytim; 05-31-2012 at 01:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area