Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 05:35 AM

15 posts, read 17,569 times

Advertisements

I keep reading that the NE part of the Cape is not desirable. But I didn't see a huge difference between between here and other areas of Cape Coral. Having said that I have huge concerns of where the area could be heading if some things aren't addressed. I may be naive, but I think that the residents need to be more active in their community, get to know our neighbors and be involved when things do happen. I see an area that needs to have residents that are aware and involved because we have a lot of open space and vacant homes, if criminals think they can get away with it - they will. This area has a lot of potential if those who live here live beyond their four walls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 06:52 PM

15 posts, read 17,569 times
Well the NE isn't just the area by Hancock. And the map looks pretty equal to me in the past 30 days.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:23 PM

10 posts, read 16,350 times
Hi my brother and I are planning on moving to the Cape Coral/Fort Myers area.
I have been looking on the internet at apartments to rent but I know they can look good but are dumps.
Could some of you give me some names of nice complexes or preferably a town home community for rent?
I have a beagle - no problems at all.
We are looking for a 2 but hopefully 3 bedroom 2 bath with washer and dryer in the unit. We pay 1600.00 here in Minnesota. Your help would be great for when we come down for a week to look around.
Also, how is the job market for part time work at places like Home Depot and Target?
We are in our 50's and only work part time right now.
Thanks for your help!!
Laurie

Old 11-29-2013, 09:04 AM

10 posts, read 16,350 times
What is Bay Breeze Villas like?

Old 12-02-2013, 05:03 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyk1 View Post
I keep reading that the NE part of the Cape is not desirable. But I didn't see a huge difference between between here and other areas of Cape Coral. Having said that I have huge concerns of where the area could be heading if some things aren't addressed. I may be naive, but I think that the residents need to be more active in their community, get to know our neighbors and be involved when things do happen. I see an area that needs to have residents that are aware and involved because we have a lot of open space and vacant homes, if criminals think they can get away with it - they will. This area has a lot of potential if those who live here live beyond their four walls
I own a home in the NE section in Cape Coral.. I saw a map listing the crime that took place and the NE area looked clear as far as crime goes .. I live there 5-6 winter months out of the year. I am heading down to CC in a few days and have great neighbors who check out my palms and feed them if they start to yellow. We take pride in our homes and are adding more landscaping. That is about the biggest problem with the NE.. need more trees and bushes .

All in all the Cape has friendly people and many of them are from the North retiring here for the beautiful weather. Haven't spend a summer in the Cape yet but will be in the future.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:42 PM

297 posts, read 509,653 times
Cape Coral was built as a boating community when it was developed. The problem with the NE section is the canals don't have any access to other bodies of water, either the Gulf, or the river. You can buy a house on a canal in the NE section but you can only go as far as that canal takes you. They are fresh water canals...so called. That makes this area less desirable to the boating population.
As far as crime, I don't think is any worse than the other sections. Its a little sparsely developed but its all in what you want.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:55 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times
The downsides of the NE are : (like Beak said) no gulf/river access canals, its close proximity to a couple of bad areas like Suncoast and it is further from the beaches. The upsides are: it is closer to downtown Fort Myers, no tolls in and out of Fort Myers, homes are cheaper than SE and SW, some newer homes and the new Del Prado extension is attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area