Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 02:04 PM

16 posts, read 25,125 times

Advertisements

My neighbors leave their dogs outside 24/7. I feel so bad for them. They CONSTANTLY bark ALL day long. It is horrible! I have called the police 11 different times begging them to please do something. I remain anonymous every time because I live home alone and don't want the neighbors to do anything. They are not very friendly! The officers always say they will issue them a citation but NEVER do. Every time I call back to see what happened on the report, they always say the same thing that they heard the dogs barking and told them to quiet the dogs down as a warning. The owners always say the same thing as well, that they will put them inside. This never ever happens. Those dogs have never been inside, poor things. I called animal control, but they are up to date on their shots and there is no animal abuse so that didn't do anything. I have to have the TV on 24/7 and sleep with a fan on because the barking echos into my house. I can't just sit in silence and read a book. It's unbearable and I am honestly thinking of moving at this point.

I am just at a loss for what to do anymore. I feel very let down by the police. I guess I understand that I shouldn't remain anonymous and they will do something about it, but I am honestly too afraid to do that. If the police 11 times have driven by and heard dogs barking and warned them all 11 times, you would think they would finally issue them a citation.

What should I do at this point? My neighbors could clearly care less that their dogs are disturbing the entire neighborhood. Nobody says anything to them because they won't do anything about it.

Old 01-16-2014, 02:27 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Have you called Animal Control? They can help and I'm surprised the police haven't done anything...they're usually pretty good about that.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:21 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,089,107 times
This is always a touchy situation. Personally. I refuse to be a victim. I would approach the owners and explain what is happening and how it is effecting your life. Give them the opportunity to do the right thing. When they don't and they probably won't. I would approach them again and say I spoke to you about a problem that is very important to me, I am going to get this problem resolved, I would like you to be part of the solution. When the dogs are barking can I count on you to resolve it or do we need to bring in a third party? By the 3rd time I would call the cops every single time it was a problem I would write down the time and date and request the responding officer to come see me every time and get their name and badge number. And if not resolved quickly I would escalate to the higher ups including my council members and mayor...... demand results. Make them fear you

Old 01-16-2014, 06:39 PM

503 posts, read 1,203,768 times
What your dealing with is neighbors who don't give a damn that their barking dogs are disrupting the sanity of people who live nearby. They just don't care. The only way it will stop is if they are forced by the town. You would have to go to the town hall and file a complaint. But then you have a direct enemy who will blame you.

In my former town some moron bought a rooster. Those birds start their wake-up calls at 4:30 AM. It took an order from the town hall with a threat of court action to get the rooster removed.

I hope you get some relief.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:45 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
I agree with these guys, but you already know your neighbors dont' care and you don't want any retaliation. Call Animal Control and keep calling the police..I'm extremely surprised the PD aren't doing something about this.

Last edited by Sunscape; 01-17-2014 at 04:02 AM..

Old 01-17-2014, 06:06 AM

98 posts, read 167,206 times
You might try this and I believe they sell it at Petsmart: A small device called "Bark-Off". It emits a frequency that you can't hear, but the dogs can. We have a rescue that every time we take him outside he has to announce his presence. We turn it on for as long as it takes for him to knock it off (seconds), and then we turn it off. It works.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:50 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
You should call at night rather than during the day. Call the County Commissioners or the Mayor/city Council and complain. There are ordinances

Municode
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area