Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:34 PM

94 posts, read 134,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECD Designz View Post
LOL....

Google "Safest cities in America".

NYC is #1 in cities with population over 500k and #145 overall.

Only 9 cities in Florida are ahead of NYC on that list...yes, NYC with a population of OVER 8 million.
I moved from Long Island NY to Miami/Doral and I agree completely with that. I say it just based on what I have seen here not in news but with my eyes.
Someone here posted that plain clothes undercover police have a lot to do with that and they are right.
I dont know if Florida/Miami has same set up somehow I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 08:11 PM

33 posts, read 95,865 times
Smile Cape Coral is Safe!

Ranked 4th in Florida. We used to be #1 but 4th aint bad. The police do a hell of a job.

[CENTER]#1- Coral Springs
#2 Port St. Lucie
#3 Miramar
#4 Cape Coral
#5 Pembroke Pines
#6 Hialeah
#7 Hollywood
#8 Clearwater
#11 Fort lauderdale

Dont worry....Be Happy [/CENTER]

Old 12-01-2007, 08:58 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Bogus?

Four people from Fort Myers have been charged with killing Washington Redskin's Sean Taylor at his home in Miami-Dade.

Maybe I missed it, but nobody brought this up?

The News-Press, news-press.com, Local & State, Suspects charged in Redskins' Sean Taylor's death

Old 12-01-2007, 09:08 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchsnook View Post
Ranked 4th in Florida. We used to be #1 but 4th aint bad. The police do a hell of a job.

[CENTER]#1- Coral Springs
#2 Port St. Lucie
#3 Miramar
#4 Cape Coral
#5 Pembroke Pines
#6 Hialeah
#7 Hollywood
#8 Clearwater
#11 Fort lauderdale

Dont worry....Be Happy [/CENTER]
Where did you reference that? There is not a chance in hell that Miramar is the third safest city in Florida.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:11 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,274,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLsunshine View Post
Fort Myers certainly always looks to have a high crime rate as opposed to other parts of SW Florida. There's no way that the crime is higher than Chicago. That's ludicrous.
Actully the OP said he saw the data on some web site and that's the reason why he posted so saying that "Data" is ludacris is what is really ludacris....so i guess when people discuss crime that bigger cities are always worse and cities with reputations from movies or from the past history of crime in that city are worse than a smaller town with a higher crime rate at the present time.....that's ok to think like that ....everybody has an opinion.....but the data is the truth.....no one can "fudge " the amount of murders reported

Old 12-01-2007, 10:50 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
I currently live in the Orlando area, watching the local news is enough to give me a panic attack and make me want to grab for my 38 in my bedside table.

The couple times I have been in the Fort Myers area, the news was of a very different kind. Small petty things, hardly even newsworthy compared to all the things that go on over here. I remember the first night I looked at my sister and her friend and told them it must be a slow newsnight, then the same thing kept happening each night we were there. Not one person was killed the whole 9 days I was there, at least not that they reported on the news. I was sort of shocked.

I can't get over how people just seem to keep stumbling over dead bodies (here in the Orlando area), that are left laying about the place. I just hope that I am never the one who stumbles over one.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:57 AM

975 posts, read 3,731,602 times
Default umm...

I'm sure you are thinking of New York circa 1988. Things have changed. Crime is much worse in Fla than NY now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
There is crime everywhere. You want to see what crime is really like? Try living in New York. Florida will seem like paradise!

Old 12-02-2007, 08:04 AM

23 posts, read 83,493 times
Default lonelychicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelychicagoan View Post
aw man!!! don't tell me that the ENTIRE FLORIDA PENINSULA is about to turn into a no man's land!!! there's GOTTA be at least some quiet areas in south florida!!!
If you're so concerned about crime, and you what to fill safe, check out Venice. Older age group, great beaches, historic downtown. Venice has it all. If you would like more info, send me a message.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:09 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i know chicago but not ft myers. i know that here the SDPD tweaks the stats, crime is under reported in the stats.
but of course here in california we dont have crime at all, only terrible misunderstandings all done in hawaiian shirts.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:27 PM

231 posts, read 1,142,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Where did you reference that? There is not a chance in hell that Miramar is the third safest city in Florida.
I think that list is the most DANGEROUS cities in florida. The safest ones would be in the panhandle and the university towns. Those definitely sound like the 10 worst. Let's put it THIS way. If those are the 10 best, I sure as
H*ll would hate to see the 10 worst! LOL!
http://www.sheriffleefl.org/images/content/crimestopSm.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area