Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 09:29 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times

Advertisements

As I have mentioned I may be buying my late aunt's house in Cape Coral. However it has to wind up being a good fit for me and I'm not sure it is because it is only a 2 bedroom when I really need a 3 bedroom. If I can get it at a really good price I may still do it.

However if it doesn't work out I may consider buying a spec home. Apparently there are a few builders in Cape Coral that have some, most notably LGI Builders which I have seen advertising a lot lately. While I may think about a pre-existing home a new home builder will pay much, if not all, of the closing costs and I will be using my VA benefits. I also don't want to get into a bidding war with regards to buying a pre-existing home.

Anybody have any knowledge or experience with Lee County Builders that you could recommend someone or let me know who to avoid? While I prefer to live in Fort Myers, I think I may have to go to Cape Coral to find something in my price range of $1000 a month max for PITI. I'm looking for a simple 3 bedroom, approximately 1300 sq ft. Is that doable in this market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 01:12 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Mark Steinberg....... Fremar builders. Been in the Cape for quite some time.

Have limited dealings with him, but seemed very knowledgeable in putting site plans together for a customer of mine a year or so back. Not sure if they ever built the house in Bonita.

Tom Kelley custom builder.

Home Contractors - Renovations - ThomasKelleyCustomBuilders.com

Nice guy, very competent. He was doing a lot of remodel work in the Cape a few years back during the downturn, and knows the ins and outs of that end of dealing with the Cape.
If you can get a better deal on your late aunt's home, maybe it would be economical to add some space to that? Tom Kelley would be the guy to talk to about that.

Good luck.

CN

Old 01-14-2017, 08:47 AM

Thank you!

Old 01-18-2017, 11:39 PM

11 posts, read 7,802 times
I would check into Express homes. National builder, more resources to back them up. Decent quality. Their business model is to only build on connected utility, so they are paying the assessments off.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:43 AM

Thanks! If it doesn't work out with my late aunt's house I will definitely check into these two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area