Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2017, 06:52 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times

Advertisements

I live here year round and this is the first time I plan on going up north for summer.
How do you handle your mail? Post office will only hold for 30 days and I plan on being gone longer.

Do you put a temporary mail forwarding through the post office, use a mail forwarding service?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 09:27 AM

122 posts, read 201,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I live here year round and this is the first time I plan on going up north for summer.
How do you handle your mail? Post office will only hold for 30 days and I plan on being gone longer.

Do you put a temporary mail forwarding through the post office, use a mail forwarding service?
Yes you do a temporary mail forwarding through po. You do it all online.

Here is the link. https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/ho...&referral=MG84

Check temporary. Choose your dates. Then need to decide if its for just you or everyone in the family. They will send you a confirmation email and within a week they will send you a confirmation letter in the mail. You also can go back online to change or modify the dates also. I usually end my forwarded mail a couple days earlier before I actually leave to go north and when it's time to go back home, just to make sure it stopped. Do realize that sometimes bills arrive at your new address close to being due because of the forwarding process. So I do some bills online to make sure I paid on time.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:52 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agstacker View Post
Yes you do a temporary mail forwarding through po. You do it all online.

Here is the link. https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/ho...&referral=MG84

Check temporary. Choose your dates. Then need to decide if its for just you or everyone in the family. They will send you a confirmation email and within a week they will send you a confirmation letter in the mail. You also can go back online to change or modify the dates also. I usually end my forwarded mail a couple days earlier before I actually leave to go north and when it's time to go back home, just to make sure it stopped. Do realize that sometimes bills arrive at your new address close to being due because of the forwarding process. So I do some bills online to make sure I paid on time.
Thanks! I've already set up email billing for Lee County electric and Comcast so I get the bills right away and can pay online. Comcast I plan on putting it on seasonal as no one will be here so why pay for it. I know you pay but it's less money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area