Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 06:21 PM

5 posts, read 12,926 times

Advertisements

I have been reading about Ft, Myers. The papers have said that people are walking away from their homes because of falling home values. Even if they can afford the payments they are opting for not loosing any more money on the falling values. I have always like Fort Myers when I lived in Arcadia and visited often.
Are there any good buys on homes now or have things not come down that much yet? How is work in the title business? I have worked in title for many years and am working in banking now and would like to get back into the business. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 11:37 AM

27 posts, read 88,649 times
I can tell you that the Ft Myers real estate market is picking up significantly....there are many homes on the market and the ones that are priced right ARE selling. If you don't believe me, pls read the blog.topagent.com for proof. And they are not only foreclosures either. This market will have a silver lining in the end. And it's virtually AT THE BOTTOM. Prices are not expected to fall anymore here. And the buyers are jumping off the fence and coming back in droves......

I'm selling my condo so if you are interested you can email me at aphro777@aol.com

Old 05-06-2008, 06:05 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,905,489 times
If you know the market you may do well. But if you can't play with the big dogs stay home. people have lost a ton of money here on a sure thing. But its not and the game is still played each day. How is Florida doing? the same as is did in the 1920s. Round two has started!
Lee's real estate auctions: No amateur hour | news-press.com | The News-Press (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080505/RE/805050353/1014 - broken link)

Old 05-06-2008, 08:21 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,510,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphro23 View Post
I can tell you that the Ft Myers real estate market is picking up significantly....there are many homes on the market and the ones that are priced right ARE selling. If you don't believe me, pls read the blog.topagent.com for proof. And they are not only foreclosures either. This market will have a silver lining in the end. And it's virtually AT THE BOTTOM. Prices are not expected to fall anymore here. And the buyers are jumping off the fence and coming back in droves......

I'm selling my condo so if you are interested you can email me at aphro777@aol.com
Seriously, the desperation is way too apparent. This is like the 10th post you've written in hopes someone will believe your speel & buy your condo.

"i don't think it will be a time to buy until housing hits rock bottom. I don't predict that happening until late 2009/ early 2010."

Guess who wrote that?

Might want to reread what you've posted or maybe thrown in a new line or two to spice things up.

So, if the buyers are coming in droves, why is your place still for sale?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:48 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
With all the foreclosures, and still MORE coming each and every day, it will be YEARS, just before the GLUT of existing excess inventory is removed from the overstuffed pipeline of available property around here.
Realtors are known as the most perpetually optomistic spielers around. If a nuclear blast occured here, they'd be telling you it's a great time to buy, because it's gotten so quiet, and there's no grass to mow. I dont think we're anywhere near the bottom here, or anywhere else in the country for that matter.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:38 AM

5 posts, read 12,926 times
Yachtcare, thanks, I know what you mean about the spielers, I have a place by Little Rock and things are still moving somewhat here. I have a brother that may be moving to FM for work, I used to live in Arcadia some 20 years ago. I always liked FM.
My Brother will be looking for service work in the plumbing and heating areas. He is in Myrtle Beach now and things are slowing down alot there. I just left a day ago and it was the beg. of biker week and I counted 10 on the road from george town to N. MB.
He feels that even though things are slowing down in FL. it is more of a retirement area, and so people will need more service work done. Where as MB is an almost solid tourist town and has more to loose with an economic slow down. My big fear is things are going to get slower as the economy grinds down. I listen to Glenn Beck for fun, not for information so much, but he had an expert in oil that predicted 200 a bbl oil for fall to spring. I would dismiss this but I would have dismissed 125 a bbl oil a year ago.
The end of our economy is at hand if something is not done. Thanks for the input.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:10 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhon king View Post
My Brother will be looking for service work in the plumbing and heating areas.

This is just what I have observed lately, you should take it at face value, and draw your own conclusions....

The "landlord" I rent my commercial space from, is a custom builder/contractor, and uses the space next to mine as his "wharehouse" for tools, materials, etc. Even last summer, he and his men would show up every day, load up and head to work. About December, it had come down to he and his man. By February, It's just him, maybe once every week or so, I'll see him. He's practically beside himself, says he's competing with alot of the other contractors out there, that are scratching for "service" work.
The next place up the street is a well established(30 years) plumbing and AC service outfit. Probably 25-30 trucks in the yard. Last summer, they stayed pretty busy. Lately, there's maybe 10-15 trucks that sit there all day long.
It seems there's alot of competition, for not alot of work out there right now.

IMHO, The one's that will survive this fallout, are the one's that can operate with little or no overhead, do quality work, at a very competitive price. And have no expectations of living high on the hog. Or the larger, well established outfits that can absorb the hit, and ride this out.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:23 PM

331 posts, read 1,544,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhon king View Post
The end of our economy is at hand if something is not done.
Chinese firms bargain hunting in U.S. - Los Angeles Times

It wouldn't hurt if someone could whisper to these folks about Cape and North Port.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:44 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,655,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphro23 View Post

The entire country is on the verge of a major DEPRESSION. Government continues to get bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger and the equity that used to be a reality in this country continues to disappear.

Taxes continue to increase as the dollar continues to plummet and oil stays high and even goes higher thereby increasing the cost of living.

No sir ( ma'am? ), we are not at the bottom. We might be in the 3rd inning of the game.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:29 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Seriously, the desperation is way too apparent. This is like the 10th post you've written in hopes someone will believe your speel & buy your condo.

"i don't think it will be a time to buy until housing hits rock bottom. I don't predict that happening until late 2009/ early 2010."

Guess who wrote that?

Might want to reread what you've posted or maybe thrown in a new line or two to spice things up.

So, if the buyers are coming in droves, why is your place still for sale?
Agree 100%, there are houses around here in the cape that have been sitting for almost a YEAR!!!! It's not improving here, it's getting worse. Lee county has the HIGHEST foreclosure rate in the USA!!!! And 1/3 of all the US's foreclosures are in Florida alone...

Funny how people who want to sell thier houses/condo's paint a pretty picture. Well, I hope the painting is abstract... It's stinks around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area