Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 03:28 PM

44 posts, read 121,598 times

Advertisements

Is it a good idea to buy condo in Pelican marsh- there are some areas like Arielle Dr and Erget walk and Clermont , that are priced around $300,000 plus,
but i don't see their prices coming down- the main reason i like that area is for its annual rental potential , but the taxes and HOA is almost $10,000/year.
Any other condos with similar rental potential to Pelican marsh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 09:30 PM

Default any opinions from Locals

any opinions from Locals

Old 04-22-2009, 07:03 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,790,621 times
Pelican Marsh is a very nice upscale area. I can't comment on prices, I have no idea.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:02 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,758,368 times
We just returned from Naples, did some looking @ real estate. We're not buying; no matter what they are saying..."it's a great time to buy!" It's not. That market hasn't bottomed yet. Set aside cash and be patient.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
We just returned from Naples, did some looking @ real estate. We're not buying; no matter what they are saying..."it's a great time to buy!" It's not. That market hasn't bottomed yet. Set aside cash and be patient.
Well my opinion is that there are two sides of the coin
Pros of waiting - the prices might go down further
Cons of waiting- actually i agree that prices in Pelican marsh esp in the lower range of 300-400,000 have not fallen down in the last few months , but I think if one is looking for an area like Pelican marsh, i am not sure that the prices will fall a whole lot more, unless the seller is desperate to sell. With the stock market ( not the unemployment) not falling ,people are feeling less insecure and once recovery starts , the prices may start going up .
Any other views on whether to buy or wait

Old 04-23-2009, 12:41 PM

376 posts, read 1,809,681 times
Pelican Marsh is a lovely community BUT I would not purchase a condo anywhere in Naples yet --- too many out there and yes, altho single family prices seem to stabilizing a bit, I think condos have a way to go. IMHO anyways.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 4,608 times
I love pelican marsh and am looking to buy condo in arielle. Doubt very much this area will go lower. The area is one of the best around

Old 11-30-2009, 01:33 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAPLESBABI View Post
I love pelican marsh and am looking to buy condo in arielle. Doubt very much this area will go lower. The area is one of the best around
Guess the experts disagree with you.

[URL="http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/oct/21/report-naples-home-values-will-continue-drop-26-pe/"]Report: Naples' home values will continue to drop (26 percent projection)» Naples Daily News[/URL]

I can't tell you how many times I was told "it's a great time to buy" 3 years ago or heard "the market has hit bottom" in 2007 & 2008. If someone needs to buy a home to live in for a long time, I think it might be a good time to buy, but there are way too many condos available in Naples right now. I agree with mytimenow.

Last edited by justNancy; 11-30-2009 at 01:41 AM.. Reason: post link

Old 11-30-2009, 08:56 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naples Know It All View Post
There are "gotchas" all over the place (HOA fees, sewer mandatories, recycled water hookups, ad infinitum...). Once you have fouind an area that you want to live in, rent there first. You will only find out about all the "gotchas" once you have actually lived there.
I moved to a "golf course" community in June and then found out about this
[url=http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/nov/14/vista-royale-gold-course-owners-suing-resident-ass/]Vista Royale golf course owners suing resident associations» TCPalm.com[/url]

I'm only renting here, but you're right about the hidden problems.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:59 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,284,816 times
even better, I have come across examples of very high net worth individuals who rent regardless

a large part of owning is bragging rights up north, status in neighbourhood, negative cultural predjudice against being a renter, all things that are mind games
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area