Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 12:34 AM

196 posts, read 504,613 times

Advertisements

Sunshine,Affordable Housing, Low Taxes, Reasonable Cost of Living, Giant State of Florida to Discover, New Adventures to be had. Is anybody happy living in the Cape? I realize the Unemployment rates are skyrocketing, here too on Long Island. All the housing Problems yo'all have are starting to creep up here too. Consumer confidence is poor, belief in the entire "Change" thing is less than 0 on NY Scale. When you visit the BIG APPLE count how many people are Smiling? Last guy I saw I was in the DMV and I swear he hit the Bar already by noon! {NOTE>Any Prez who inherited the economic mess, most definatly had his work cut out, however this is not the issue, just making a point}. Our Nation is so in trouble. However, many N'Easterners are running before it swallows us up too. So the question stands> "Is anybody happy in SW CC?" P.S. Many of us are comming to restart our lives over and not on the system's back. We plan to buy, stay invest in the community, raise our kids.
Sea Ya!

Last edited by faithfulFrank; 03-04-2010 at 04:55 AM.. Reason: Personal attacks not allowed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 06:23 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Sunshine and misery, the only two things there's no shortage of here...............

Yachtcare has spoken.......

Old 01-16-2010, 10:53 AM

196 posts, read 504,613 times
hiya yachtcare, same here too~Its got to be better if you can buy a home outwrite no more legal Bank thieves on ya back!

You detail yachts? I used too,,just curious....

Old 01-16-2010, 11:35 AM

317 posts, read 772,698 times
We're happy here! Granted, the husband is happier than I am

Old 01-16-2010, 09:00 PM

206 posts, read 449,818 times
Just bought a house here. I really like it. I do see the Capes faults though. Not needing employment here I have a different slant on things.
I just wish they would plant more trees and bury power lines. It could be a lot more attractive if it had nicer landscaping like Ft Myers does.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:08 AM

282 posts, read 1,009,102 times
I love Cape Coral.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:26 AM

317 posts, read 772,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby24 View Post
Just bought a house here. I really like it. I do see the Capes faults though. Not needing employment here I have a different slant on things.
I just wish they would plant more trees and bury power lines. It could be a lot more attractive if it had nicer landscaping like Ft Myers does.
The trees thing drives me crazy. It is not nearly as beautiful here as others think. Honestly, I think it is quite barren.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:43 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,875,268 times
Love my place in SE......just off Del Prado but lots of trees and shrubs.....you wake up thinking you're alone in the jungle.Great neighbors,close to shopping and restaurants.......easy run to the gulf.
Probably would feel differently if I needed work.But for a vacation home......it can't be beat.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:24 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,093,244 times
my parents are both there. my father loves it there, my mother was never much of a florida person but she says she likes it there a lot more than she thought she would. however they are both pretty well off and they are living their lives the way most people hope they can when they retire. Originally they were only going to be there 6-7 months out of the year but have decided to pretty much stay all year coming up north maybe in July and august.

As far as the trees.... I just spent $5800 in trees to be brought to my property and with the recent cold snap it doesn't look like much are going to survive

Since I have purchased many of the owners have started planting trees (some are only about 8 ft tall but in time they will grow. There seems to be a big difference in the houses that are owner occupied vs rentals. If the landlords would just buy some small trees and plant them it wouldn't cost much and in time would make their properties more valuable.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:48 AM

206 posts, read 449,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
my parents are both there. my father loves it there, my mother was never much of a florida person but she says she likes it there a lot more than she thought she would. however they are both pretty well off and they are living their lives the way most people hope they can when they retire. Originally they were only going to be there 6-7 months out of the year but have decided to pretty much stay all year coming up north maybe in July and august.

As far as the trees.... I just spent $5800 in trees to be brought to my property and with the recent cold snap it doesn't look like much are going to survive

Since I have purchased many of the owners have started planting trees (some are only about 8 ft tall but in time they will grow. There seems to be a big difference in the houses that are owner occupied vs rentals. If the landlords would just buy some small trees and plant them it wouldn't cost much and in time would make their properties more valuable.
I am so, so, sorry about your trees. That stinks. I did see a lot of frost damaged plants. I hope they aren't dead, just damaged.

I guess it would be way too radical for the city to try and encourage homeowners to plant trees. Afterall, they don't set a very good example. Cape Coral Parkway is nicely landscaped but so many other roads are left empty of any landscaping to speak of.
They seem to favor powerlines over pines.

I know landscaping may seem frivolous when people are hurting financially but a more attractive city brings more people and business.
Eco tourism is huge in other countries and we have so much to offerr right here if we would get in that mind set and promote it and preserve land instead of bulldozing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area