Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:30 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,027 posts, read 6,545,870 times

Advertisements

It looks like we will be closing on a condo in N. Naples in March. I was hoping to find something furnished, but the unit we are purchasing is not. I know there are a ton of furnisher stores in the area. Ashley's. Rooms To Go. Etc. We are not looking for expensive. We are not looking for cheap. We probably would like no interest financing. Suggestions?

We furnished our townhouse in SC using The Room Store. Do they have stores in S. Florida? (Of couse as soon as I post this, I will check.....).

Re: The Room Store - Looks like Tallahassee (sp) is the closest showroom. I'm sure they would not deliver to SW Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 03:02 PM

455 posts, read 979,433 times
Before you lay out big bucks for new furniture, check out the resale stores in Naples. Some of them carry really nice, immaculate donated furniture. I've never seen such a good selection in any (charity) store anywhere else in Florida. There's an Ikea in Tampa if you don't want to spend a lot of money.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:06 PM

206 posts, read 449,818 times
I'm gonna look into the second hand stores in Naples, but we did get some nice, pretty inexpensive furniture at Rooms 2 Go in Ft Myers. Got a nice flat screen with the deal too.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby24 View Post
I'm gonna look into the second hand stores in Naples, but we did get some nice, pretty inexpensive furniture at Rooms 2 Go in Ft Myers. Got a nice flat screen with the deal too.
Yes, I was just on the Rooms To Go site. Nice packages and we will need the TV's. Wonder if they ever offer no interest financing?

Old 01-18-2010, 04:36 PM

317 posts, read 772,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Yes, I was just on the Rooms To Go site. Nice packages and we will need the TV's. Wonder if they ever offer no interest financing?
I'm sure they do if your credit allows.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:11 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,284,816 times
this is my 2 cents (don't know about credit sales)

World Market at Daniels and Trail, inexpensive rustic, esp. dining room tables, TV stands, end tables.

Overstock.com online for chairs, especially dining room chairs.

Lamps (and misc stuff) at Bed Bath Beyond. Be sure to collect or buy online some 20% off coupons. I also like the lamps at Home Depot.

R2Go bedroom sets.

Savon just south of Page Field (east side of Trail) on Trail for chairs, esp. liquidation room

Ikea for couches and chairs.

Walmart for electronics such as flatscreens, some furniture.

There is a HUGE consignment/used place on north side of Andrea St, east off of Trail heading south of Daniels, around the car dealerships.

Of course, Craigslist.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroeran View Post
this is my 2 cents (don't know about credit sales)

World Market at Daniels and Trail, inexpensive rustic, esp. dining room tables, TV stands, end tables.

Overstock.com online for chairs, especially dining room chairs.

Lamps (and misc stuff) at Bed Bath Beyond. Be sure to collect or buy online some 20% off coupons. I also like the lamps at Home Depot.

R2Go bedroom sets.

Savon just south of Page Field (east side of Trail) on Trail for chairs, esp. liquidation room

Ikea for couches and chairs.

Walmart for electronics such as flatscreens, some furniture.

There is a HUGE consignment/used place on north side of Andrea St, east off of Trail heading south of Daniels, around the car dealerships.

Of course, Craigslist.
Thanks again. Great information.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:23 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,875,268 times
Tmozer,we did the same thing about 4 months ago.....furnished a house from scratch.We chacked all the major furniture stores but had the best luck (and deals) at Savon on rt41.Also checked all the thrift shops and got some really nice stuff cheap at the Salvation Army store on Fowler st ........thrift shops are great for pictures and accessories.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Tmozer,we did the same thing about 4 months ago.....furnished a house from scratch.We chacked all the major furniture stores but had the best luck (and deals) at Savon on rt41.Also checked all the thrift shops and got some really nice stuff cheap at the Salvation Army store on Fowler st ........thrift shops are great for pictures and accessories.
Great, we will check out all your suggestions. Thanks.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:49 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Almost always very good used at excellent prices. There can be some real finds here, depending on when you hit it.

Lamb of God Thrift Shop (http://www.lambofgodchurch.net/id14.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area