Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2023, 09:47 AM

65 posts, read 91,543 times

Advertisements

Hello Folks,

Originally, I was looking to buy a house in a small town or suburbs of Fort Wayne; and not in Fort Wayne itself. But it has been difficult to buy the type of house I want for a certain price point, and often when some show up, they tend to be sold in a few days. So, I was considering buying a house in Fort Wayne's proper.

Crime is big factor for me. Fort Wayne has a crime rate above the State average; but then, being a larger city, it is to be expected. Also being a large city often means that some areas are much safer -- thus have a much lower crime rate. Could it be said that some parts of Fort Wayne have a crime rate that well below the State average? If yes, which would be those areas?

At the moment, I was looking into the zip code 46804 -- mainly the neighborhood of Candle Lite Park. Most people indicated that it is good neighborhood. Does good translate into safety too?

Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2023, 08:03 AM

468 posts, read 465,572 times
In general the northwest and southwest areas of Fort Wayne would have less crime but you can find pockets throughout the city where crime isn't bad. I lived in the 46804 zip and the 46825 zip codes for about 20 years and they were both very safe. Most of the violent crime in Fort Wayne is on the southeast side but there are some nice older homes there and many people take good care of their houses. Violent crime in Fort Wayne is mostly drug related as it is in most cities. There are nice neighborhoods all over Fort Wayne but, in general, I'd say you would be better off on the southwest or northwest. Aboite township is considered good.

Old 10-29-2023, 11:09 AM

65 posts, read 91,543 times
Yeah, I am considering the southwest -- zip code 46804. But I will take a look into the northwest region as well.

Two of the houses I was looking into are in Aboite Township (46804). So, it seems that Aboite Township is in the southwest. Is that correct?

Thanks for your insights.

Old 10-30-2023, 04:05 AM

468 posts, read 465,572 times
Yes, Aboite township is in the southwest side of Fort Wayne.

Old 10-30-2023, 04:43 AM

307 posts, read 255,329 times
46804 is a decent area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
View detailed profiles of: