Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 02:45 PM

4 posts, read 5,768 times

Advertisements

got a job offer in huguley hospital in Burleson. we have 3 kids(6th grade, 2nd grade, 1st grade). good school and safe neighborhood absolute must. can we live in colleyville and commute to Burleson? will the commute be within 30-40 minutes in peak hour?

if colleyville not a good choice, what options we have? Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by joe201002; 05-07-2012 at 03:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 03:07 PM

11,856 posts, read 26,881,949 times
OMG. Sure you can make that long drive everyday, but you're going to spend a fortune on gas and waste a lot of time in your car.

Why Colleyville? There are areas of south Fort Worth that are in similar price ranges and have good schools, and would be a lot closer to the job. What is your price range?

Old 05-07-2012, 03:15 PM

540 posts, read 1,106,137 times
Can you? Yes.

Will it be the most fun thing in the world? No.

30-40 minutes during peak rush hour? I'm inclined to say no.

Would I do it? No.

See the thread below referencing Alcon for ideas. Alcon is 4-5 miles north of Huguley, but you might get some ideas.

Looking for a good neighborhood reasonably close to Alcon

Old 05-07-2012, 03:47 PM

Well, collet like us not an option then. Comparing kennedale vs. Mansfield which one will be better considering school and commute?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:09 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe201002 View Post
Well, collet like us not an option then. Comparing kennedale vs. Mansfield which one will be better considering school and commute?
I'm always curious why people name the town they have a job offer in and then start asking about crazy commutes from far-off towns or questions regarding the surrounding towns to live in. The town where the job is located in never seems to come up as an acceptable town to live in and they don't even bother to ask about it.

So, let me ask you, what is wrong with Burleson? It is in the top 10 cities listed as the fastest growing cities in north Texas. It seems to me if you had a job offer at Huguley you would drive the few miles down 35 and look Burleson over.

As far as Mansfield is concerned, there are also nice areas there to live and the commute would be easy as well. Just take 20W to 35S or go the back way down 1187 and you'll come into Huguley's back door.

But to answer your orginial question about the commute from Colleyville to Burleson, yes it can be done. Would I do it? Hell no, you couldn't offer me enough money to make that trip twice a day, especially during peak hours.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:11 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
Quote:
Kennedale

Old 05-07-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
I'm always curious why people name the town they have a job offer in and then start asking about crazy commutes from far-off towns or questions regarding the surrounding towns to live in. The town where the job is located in never seems to come up as an acceptable town to live in and they don't even bother to ask about it.

This!!
There is a LOT to be said for a short commute!
Burleson is a nice little town. I have a couple of coworkers who live there and really love it. Save yourself the time and trouble and just live near where you work!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:48 PM

forgot to mention that my wife has to commute to Irving 1 or 2 days a week. i know burleson is good/growing city, but not sure how the commute will be from burleson to irving....

thanks a lot! this site is very useful.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:41 AM

Quote:
forgot to mention that my wife has to commute to Irving 1 or 2 days a week. i know burleson is good/growing city, but not sure how the commute will be from burleson to irving....
OK, that makes a big difference. Burleson to Irving isn't going to be a good commute. But she will be doing it just a come of times a week vs. your commute most days of the week. Look at south Arlington as a compromise.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:53 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
I used to communte Mansfield to Las Colinas daily for work. Such a miserable commute....and Ididn't have the extra element of 3 kids to deal with. I moved to Irving. Kennedale would be a worse commute than Mansfield and southwest Arlington, too. Is it at all possible to move to Buleson or Aledo and for Mom to do 2 consecutive days and spend the night once a week in Irving? Some of the extended stay motels have really reasonable rates and might cut her a deal if they got the consistent business of one night a week every week. Otherwise, I think the whole family will really suffer if Mom is strung out doing that drive 2x a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth