Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2012, 05:25 PM

160 posts, read 198,187 times

Advertisements

I am considering both. I like how close Southern Oaks is to local bookstores, and that it seems to be more oriented towards adults than families with children. (I have nothing against families with children; it is just that I suffer from a congenital condition, auditory oversensitivity, that is incurable and that makes the high-pitched shouting of children feel like an awl is being stuck in one of my ears and out the other. It's physically painful.) It also has more trees on the property, and covered parking.

OTOH, The Villas is less expensive for more room. And off a much less busy street than S. Hulen. Which I like, because living in Manhattan has gotten on my last nerve. About six years ago. Also I need to re-learn to drive -- i don't know if i would get smushed trying to pull out onto S. Hulen.
It does have a playground, though, which would seem to indicate child noise and thus awl-through-head-pain for me.

But I know there is no telling from websites or even ratings on ratings websites. The grumpy types seem overrepresented.

So I was wondering if anyone here has lived at either, or physically visited.

Thank you so much for any thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 06:59 AM

168 posts, read 614,690 times
I run by Southern Oaks all the time and am not impressed by the looks. It's not set back far enough from Hulen and it just looks old. That said, I have a grad student who lives there and resigns her lease every year.

I live over on Bryant Irvin in Avery Pointe. Cheap rent ($900ish for a good sized 2/2) and hardly any kids running around. Just avoid the pool area for the screaming kids.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:43 PM

160 posts, read 198,187 times
Thanks for the feedback! So hard to tell much from Web virtual tours and publicity photos. Apartmentratings.com is helpful, but who knows what the agenda of the posters is -- like if they got evicted and are taking revenge with a bad review, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth