Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2014, 12:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,685 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I just got hired to move to Texas ( I'm moving from Vegas) and I need some help in deciding on neighborhoods!

I would like to move to either Forth Worth or Arlington to be closer to my work which is in Hurst.

I'm a single person in my 20s. I am focused on finding a neighborhood that's clean and nice and SAFE most importantly. If it's close to a cool city life that'd be cool too

Could anyone give me some good zipcodes to start off my search?
Or even just a general idea.. like North, or East, or West Arlington etc..

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by nararyu9; 05-26-2014 at 01:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 02:45 PM

420 posts, read 706,075 times
If you want city life, move to Fort Worth. It has some great neighborhoods, but Arlington is a gigantic suburb. The only thing that really differentiates it from other suburbs is it's home to the Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers, and Six Flags.

I would suggest living in Hurst itself over Arlington. Less crowded, better schools (for resale) and it even has rail to take you into Fort Worth or Dallas.

Old 05-26-2014, 04:46 PM

367 posts, read 818,017 times
I also moved here from Las Vegas - welcome! Literally closed on selling my house in Centennial Hills last week.

I live near Hurst - in North Richland Hills - and to properly advise you, I'd need a little more info. What do you like to do? Hobbies, nightlife, etc. Are you a sporty type, for example?

Arlington actually has lots to do, as does Fort Worth, but you may not have to go that far, to RayStoke's point.

Do you use meetup.com? You might search for active meetups that are doing what you like to do, and settle in that general area.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:25 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,976,193 times
I would rather live in Arlington

Old 05-26-2014, 08:20 PM

11,856 posts, read 26,881,949 times
We will need to know your budget for housing.

Besides UTA and the stadiums, Arlington is a typical suburb. If you are looking for nightlife, you won't find it there. The areas around either stadiums are not where you will want to live. Traffic on game days is a snarl, and there are also some crime issues.
Hurst is also a typical suburb, too. It has even less nightlife than Arlington.
You could definitely look at downtown Fort Worth and the West 7th area, but it's really going to depend on your budget. Those areas are prime real estate, and they are not inexpensive.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB23 View Post
I also moved here from Las Vegas - welcome! Literally closed on selling my house in Centennial Hills last week.

I live near Hurst - in North Richland Hills - and to properly advise you, I'd need a little more info. What do you like to do? Hobbies, nightlife, etc. Are you a sporty type, for example?

Arlington actually has lots to do, as does Fort Worth, but you may not have to go that far, to RayStoke's point.

Do you use meetup.com? You might search for active meetups that are doing what you like to do, and settle in that general area.
Thank you everyone for the response!

I think I'm going to look for a place in Fort Worth then.. since it sounds like it has more of a city life... to answer your question I'm not very sporty. I do enjoy golfing and hiking, going to concerts and bars etc..

So Fort Worth is still safe to live right?

Old 05-27-2014, 06:56 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,976,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nararyu9 View Post

I think I'm going to look for a place in Fort Worth then.. since it sounds like it has more of a city life... to answer your question I'm not very sporty. I do enjoy golfing and hiking, going to concerts and bars etc..

Netime.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:13 PM

254 posts, read 401,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nararyu9 View Post

Fort Worth is very safe. And you'll find that the reason Fort Worth has more of a "city feel" is that it is a major city (16th largest U.S., 5th largest Texas), while Arlington, despite having some nice qualities (a university, amusement parks and stadiums), is honestly a large suburb split between Fort Worth and dallas (probably 65/35 Fort Worth/Dallas). So it really is an apples and oranges comparison.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:21 PM

420 posts, read 706,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMFW View Post
Fort Worth is very safe. And you'll find that the reason Fort Worth has more of a "city feel" is that it is a major city (16th largest U.S., 5th largest Texas), while Arlington, despite having some nice qualities (a university, amusement parks and stadiums), is honestly a large suburb split between Fort Worth and dallas (probably 65/35 Fort Worth/Dallas). So it really is an apples and oranges comparison.

Spot on. Although there are neighborhoods in Fort Worth you should avoid like any city. Most of the urban districts that would attract young singles like downtown, the cultural district/west 7th, Near Southside are very safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth