Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 03:57 PM

6 posts, read 39,636 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a Christian School in the Metroplex. Ideally here is what I am looking for: I prefer a larger school because they are able to offer more programs, like strings. I want a school that is bible based but non denominational and not extremely evangelical. I want a school that is truly a Christian school - not just in name. I want a school that reinforces Christian values throughout schoolday. I want a school that has control over the students - not a bunch of behavior problems. I want a school that is in a nice area with homes available in the upper 200s. I want the school to be on the outskirts of the city w/easy accessability. I want a school that resembles the top notch independent schools without the snootiness. What school, in your opinion, comes closest to fulfilling these criteria?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2006, 04:32 PM

10 posts, read 62,799 times
Hi
We just moved here last May and went thru checking out a bunch of Christian schools ourselves. Likewise, we wanted a school that reinforced Christian values and had concerns about "snootiness" that comes sometimes with private schools.
We found a school in Keller call Messiah Lutheran Classic Academy (www.mlgs.org) If you are not familar with classical curriculum they give a good summary about it on the web site. They are Lutheran, but 55 % or so of the students are not from the church. We are selves do not come from a Lutheran background and find them to be a very Christ centered group of people. You mentioned "strings" is that meaning musical? They have a strong musical curriculum as in 1-6th they learn piano and upper grades they pick a string instrument to play. The school is still young and growing. A new building was built last spring and now they have doubled in size to 100+ students.
Keller area is one of the nice growing areas of Fort Worth and has homes in that price range. There are also 2 or 3 other schools in the area that I might be able to get info on if the above is not what you'd be looking for.
One last thing about the school, I was worried that because of "classic" in the name, the school would be "elitist". It is far from that they don't require testing before you enter, they feel all God's children should be able to get a Christian Education. Also my kids came from a regular type of school and have been doing just fine at this school, and in fact are loving it!!

Old 12-01-2006, 11:09 PM

218 posts, read 1,486,824 times
Liberty Christian School in the Denton area might be worth checking into.
Denton is a suburb of the Metroplex, north of Dallas & FtWorth, along I-35.

Old 12-01-2006, 11:19 PM

5 posts, read 24,170 times
I'm afraid that Liberty might exceed your limits on the snootiness meter, based on my exposure to the campus. They also have chapel about once a month, not once a day or once a week like some other schools.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:53 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,905,724 times
look in arlington, Pantego Christian Academy; Bethel Christian;Texas Christian Academy;The Oakridge School;

FW:
Temple Christian; Harvest Christian;Lake Country Christian

Old 12-25-2006, 06:31 PM

3 posts, read 13,015 times
Trinity Christian School in Aledo. Great academic program. Christian worldview interwoven within everything they do. Many extracurricular activities/programs. Approx 400 students. ACSI accredited. Website is tcaeagles.org

Old 12-28-2006, 07:52 PM

30 posts, read 204,111 times
Default Input on Christian School

I work closely with my own private christian school and also help work the Christian school fairs.

with the criteria you mentioned, you might want to consider CORAM DEO. It is rigorous, but very conservative...and extremely reasonable in price. They have several campuses around Dallas.

You might also consider MCKINNEY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY. This is a GREAT school in my opinion...nice campus, humble attitude, but it was started by the person who started Prestonwood...and you know how much that has grown.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:25 PM

2 posts, read 11,369 times
Does anyone know anything about Clay Academy? I was told that this is a good Christian school. Is it really a good school and is anyone familiar with the Christian teachings and curriculum?

Old 11-14-2008, 11:20 AM

2 posts, read 11,369 times
Hi,

I'll be new to Texas in a few months and I would like to know where would be the best area to raise children under 5. I prefer to have them enrolled in a Christian school that teaches the Word, is ACSI accredited, small classroom sizes and not too 'elite' as someone indicated previously. Is Plano, Frisco and Carrollton really as good as I've been hearing?

Old 11-14-2008, 02:17 PM

158 posts, read 659,250 times
Faith Christian in Grapevine has approx. 600 students PK-12th and Fort Worth Christian in North Richland Hills has over 700 students PK-12th with a Strings program. Both in very conveniently located suburbs with NRH probably being more in the housing price range you're looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth