Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 08:33 PM

439 posts, read 438,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
I grew up in Dallas and saw what Dallas luxury was all about. While I'm not into luxury shopping I could afford to if I wished. If you want to get a cursory look at the difference in luxury tastes between Dallas ad Fort Worth then look at an issue of 360 West and the similar publication from the Startlegram and a similar publication (can't remember the name) from Dallas. While you'll see some overlap you'll still see a distinct difference in the goods and property advertised in them.
See, I'm just thinking people from.Fort Worth drive to Dallas to do their luxury shopping. They tried to divert people in Plano from driving to Dallas, but failed twice. The first time were the five luxury stores built in Far North Dallas. The second was Willow Bend mall. People in the region just want to shop for luxury in Dallas. You can't beat all that legacy retail in central Dallas.

Simon Properties is trying to divert Fort Worth citizens from doing their shopping for luxury in Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 07:49 PM

2,516 posts, read 2,227,903 times
Honestly, it depends what they're shopping for. For example, if you want high end western wear which is something you're more likely to wear in Fort Worth than Dallas then you're not going to go to Dallas. If you're shopping for an exclusive European label then you'll go to Dallas. The really wealthy residents though will just regularly fly to New York or LA.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:03 PM

422 posts, read 544,121 times
Quote:
Honestly, it depends what they're shopping for. For example, if you want high end western wear which is something you're more likely to wear in Fort Worth than Dallas then you're not going to go to Dallas. If you're shopping for an exclusive European label then you'll go to Dallas. The really wealthy residents though will just regularly fly to New York or LA.

Fort Worth residents don't fly to New York or LA! Dallas is the most prestigious luxury shopping in the nation, just ask YPP, he'll tell ya!! 😂😂😂😂

Old 10-09-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Does Fort Worth have some luxury Western Wear stores? Shoot, I'll bet you lots of rich folks from Fort Worth travel to Dallas to do their shopping. There is a lot of money in and around Plano and, for their luxury retail shopping, those people preferred to drive to central Dallas than shop closer home for it.

The developer of Legacy West said that he believed his development would one day develop luxury retail, but it wouldn't be part of the original tenants. I do think Fort Worth has something special going on between University Park Villageand the shops at Clearfork. Perhaps one day it too will develop luxury retail.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevehanrahan41 View Post
Fort Worth residents don't fly to New York or LA! Dallas is the most prestigious luxury shopping in the nation, just ask YPP, he'll tell ya!! 😂😂😂😂
Well, this section of the forum is for Fort Worth. I find the work necessary to establish retail as an anchor fascinating. This part of Fort Worth is beautiful and has a great opportunity to develop a semblance of luxury retail one day

Old 10-10-2016, 09:23 PM

YPP...

What do you know about women's fashion? I never said that Fort Worth women don't shop in Dallas but I think you're over estimating how interested people in Fort Worth are in travelling to Dallas. As for Western wear, I grew up in Dallas and native Dallasites have always found it amusing that the show was called Dallas and had the main characters were in hats and boots. If you see someone dressed like that in Dallas you assume they're a tourist. I've gone to the most expensive French restaurant in Fort Worth and seen old timers dressed in extremely expensive hats and boots who clearly frequented the establishment.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:42 PM

Quote:
YPP...

What do you know about women's fashion? I never said that Fort Worth women don't shop in Dallas but I think you're over estimating how interested people in Fort Worth are in travelling to Dallas. As for Western wear, I grew up in Dallas and native Dallasites have always found it amusing that the show was called Dallas and had the main characters were in hats and boots. If you see someone dressed like that in Dallas you assume they're a tourist. I've gone to the most expensive French restaurant in Fort Worth and seen old timers dressed in extremely expensive hats and boots who clearly frequented the establishment.
See, I'm not saying Fort Worth isn't capable of supporting luxury retail. There is a limited number of the stores and they aren't going to split it between both Dallas and Fort Worth. Surely Simon Property is fishing. They probably are aware the luxury isn't going to bite at this time.

We will see.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:18 PM

4,855 posts, read 3,659,837 times
Default Shopping

No, they really do fly to New York. I doubt if you'd see little Anne Bass in Dallas looking for a frock for the Jewel Charity Ball.....

Old 10-11-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
No, they really do fly to New York. I doubt if you'd see little Anne Bass in Dallas looking for a frock for the Jewel Charity Ball.....
I don't think Fort Worth is emtionally ready for luxury retail yet. I do have a question. Why would wealthy citizens from Fort Worth fly to New York to do their shopping? Houston is a lot closer.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:44 PM

Why the hell would you fly to Houston if you could fly to LA and NYC? Are you inflating Houston's rep again? Also, you don't seem to get what I've been trying to tell you. The consumer markets in Dallas and Fort Worth are more different than you'd expect given their proximity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth