Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 07:00 AM

12 posts, read 13,712 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are traveling to Fort Worth tomorrow to explore suburbs within the West and NW region. I am accepting a job in Springtown and will be commuting. I'd like to keep my commute to < or = 35 minutes. We will be looking for a 2 bedroom rent house hopefully with a big yard for our Dog and covered patio. Neither of us have ever been to Fort Worth or have ave any contacts there. Lake worth appears to be a good location on google. What are some recommendations on areas we should look into while down there this weekend? I really would like to find a safe area where I could feel my wife could go for neighborhood jogs safely when I'm not home. We currently live in an older quiet neighbourhood with homes built in the 70s that mainly resides retirees and we love it. Also curious what's the morning/afternoon traffic like to and from Springtown?

Any recommendations would be so gratefully appreciated!

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 08:34 AM

286 posts, read 383,122 times
White Settlement or Lake Worth are your best bets. You could even do Azle Texas. Good, safe neighborhoods, with older homes that are affordable.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:56 AM

540 posts, read 1,106,137 times
Aside from Lake Worth you could also check out Weatherford. Wfd to Springtown is connected directly by FM51.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:50 AM

11,856 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Stay outside the 820 loop on the NW side. Springtown and Azle would both work well for you!

Old 10-07-2016, 12:22 PM

Axle and weatherford appear to be getting a ways out there. We''d like to live in a more developed area closer to the metro. White settlement or leaks worth would be commutable for me to Springtown during the week but puts us close enough for weekend fun in the downtown districts. What about the westover hills area? Is it a safe and clean suburb? Why say to stay outside 820 Christie?

Bringamac82, what would the commuting traffic be like to from those cities and Springtown?

Thank you all. It's been a huge help already in planning our trip tomorrow.

Last edited by SSmtb; 10-07-2016 at 12:31 PM..

Old 10-07-2016, 01:58 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,616,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmtb View Post
Axle and weatherford appear to be getting a ways out there. We''d like to live in a more developed area closer to the metro. White settlement or leaks worth would be commutable for me to Springtown during the week but puts us close enough for weekend fun in the downtown districts. What about the westover hills area? Is it a safe and clean suburb? Why say to stay outside 820 Christie?

Bringamac82, what would the commuting traffic be like to from those cities and Springtown?

Thank you all. It's been a huge help already in planning our trip tomorrow.
Once you are here and actually drive some of the roads you will see that many cities simply run right into the next and you will never know unless there is a sign that tells you. The metro area is huge! Areas like Azle just seem to be part of the Fort Worth metro area, until you learn it's a separate city. So come explore to understand the area better....Google maps simply don't relay the reality.

Old 10-07-2016, 04:31 PM

11,856 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Avoid White Settlement due to crime issues. YMMV but I wouldn't live in Lake Worth for the same reason. The north side of Fort Worth is heavily Hispanic with large industrial areas, too. That's why I said to stay outside the 820 loop.

Westover Hills is gorgeous but $$$$

Azle really isn't that far out at all. Many people drive into downtown from there every day.
You really need to come visit and see for yourself.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:43 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,489,659 times
I think Lake Worth sounds like a good fit.
Maybe River Oaks in the right spot, maybe Azle too.
As a backup Boyd or Saginaw...maybe Weatherford.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:17 PM

540 posts, read 1,106,137 times
How was your trip? Let us know what you thought.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:26 AM

Trip was good. We returned home early and plan to make another trip down next weekend. Drove through Azle, Lake Worth, some of Westworth Village & Westover hills, and lastly Weatherford. We were most impressed with Weatherford, but decided it's too far from the downtown Fort Worth, which we've researched has a lot to offer as far as evening weekend activity we'd be interested in. Didn't make it downtown. Next weekend we want to look at Blue Mound and the surrounding areas there as well as closer west downtown. If we ended up in any of those areas commute shows about 40 minutes which doesn't bother me...that's the iPhone maps though. Would that be somewhat accurate for heading out to Springtown in the morning and back into those areas at 5? I know here in OKC maps could tell you one thing but if you asked a local who knew about traffic times and directions it could be completely different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth