Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 12:47 PM

349 posts, read 378,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullandram1 View Post
Yeah I’m sure home buyers, especially first time home buyers like myself really don’t want to pay these crazy prices, on top of hearing horror stories of bid wars. The prices are already too high and we can’t afford to be a in a bid war. A lot of us are waiting to save more money for a down payment. A house that would of been in our range say at $185,000 is now selling for $230,000. So that means a house that’s $185,000 now is a piece of crap in a bad neighborhood. So we are left to just keep saving....

230k is a "crazy price"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 12:44 AM

4,503 posts, read 4,612,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Tornados and mobile homes are not a smart combination.

Not being snarky, but how do you manage a 1/2 acre lot that is "out of sight from the nearest neighbor"? Our last neighborhood was acre+ lots and we could still see the neighbors.
I didn't word the sentence you quoted as best I should have. I should of said "I'm further than spittin' distance from all of my neighbors trailers". I live in a secluded neighborhood on a secluded steet that might have 20 cars a day pass by on it and is located in Far South Austin. The entire neighbohood lies under a canopy of trees . It's very woodsy and shady out here. My property alone has 25 to 30 trees on it. My trailer is located in the back of my lot. It's not close to the steeet. Driving past my trailer, you wouldn't see it unless you just happened to have your head towards the direction of the trailer as you drove by. The trees block the view of all my neighbors except the neighbor directly across the street from me. I can see small sections of my next door neighbors trailers, but I can't see either neighbor's driveway. It's in a real nice and quiet area of Austin. I've heard several comments that this area feel like it's in the country.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:02 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,373,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullandram1 View Post
Why are home builders not providing homes for first time home buyers who don’t want 2500-3000 sq ft homes? I can’t even describe how frustrating it is that they won’t provide smaller homes at more affordable prices.
there is no profit in the small houses to be had for the home builders.

Old 10-28-2019, 02:50 PM

28 posts, read 37,449 times
I'd like a small house for just the mrs and I in a nice neighborhood. A nice, somewhat small retirement home. Until we find it, we'll be living in an apartment...which I am actually looking forward to...a few years (?) will no yard work and little responsibility.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:09 PM

43 posts, read 42,214 times
Moved here from NJ too and bought a small 1160 sq ft house in north Dallas, with a 8,750 lot. The usual older 1960 home problems but the new constructions lots are very small. Some are modest. All the new builds sure are tempting, since I’m commuting to Fort Worth for a really good job now.
I would still not want to buy anything over 1700 sq ft. Small is cozy and easier to maintain. I hear prices are reducing and unless it’s a super hot neighborhood, the bidding wars are cooling down (lost 12 bids in 2017 to cash and higher offers way over appraisal).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth