Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 03:28 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,917,836 times

Advertisements

my budget is 1000 (ok maybe 1080 but id rather keep it cheaper). I believe my job is in the city itself, so im open close-ish. Im using to driving a lot and going almost nowhere (3 mile commute is a 30-45 min drive at times here).

i saw a place in sandshell drive that looks nice. From what i was told, avoid living in the city and frisco (and some other places i never heard of).

how far is dallas from here? i see many places listed in dallas as well.

Appreciate y'alls help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2019, 03:52 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,324,008 times
The exact location of your job is going to be pretty important. "in the city itself" is a broad label in a city as sprawling as Fort Worth. I don't think people from other parts of the country really get how spread out this area is until they see for themselves.

Your budget is going to be tough inside the freeway loop around the city unless you're pretty adventurous. Sandshell Drive is just north of the loop and it isn't bad at all. I looked at apartments in that area several years ago. They aren't on the high end, but if that fits your budget, you could do a lot worse. Inside the loop, Woodhaven and Las Vegas Trail are apartment areas that can be a little dicey. There's efforts to clean both up, but it's no secret that crime can be a problem in both of those areas.

Frisco is probably going to be a pretty tough commute to Fort Worth unless you don't mind spending a lot of money on express lanes and toll roads and spending a lot of your time driving.

Same with Dallas. Apartment quality is going to vary wildly and the commute is not going to be easy.

Old 10-25-2019, 05:04 PM

11,872 posts, read 26,935,646 times
Find out where your job will be located first. If your job is in Fort Worth, you must live in Tarrant County or your commute will be horrible. Generally, the safer parts of Fort Worth are on the west and southwest sides. Avoid anything on or near Las Vegas Trail. You might look for a room mate on Craigslist. That will help with your budget.

Old 10-26-2019, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Find out where your job will be located first. If your job is in Fort Worth, you must live in Tarrant County or your commute will be horrible. Generally, the safer parts of Fort Worth are on the west and southwest sides. Avoid anything on or near Las Vegas Trail. You might look for a room mate on Craigslist. That will help with your budget.

based on the limited info i was given, it seems most spots are near 35W or near miller-coors. im nog familiar with texas at all. i know
pittsburgh, northern va and san diego. im leaning to rent a room until i learn more about the area. but in case i go solo, i would like to avoid very bad areas. im street smart and hispanic if that matters. mid 30s.

Old 10-26-2019, 08:22 AM

Be VERY careful in south Fort Worth. There are some rough, even dangerous, neighborhoods down there. Being Hispanic will help as you will blend in.

I agree that renting a room for a while would be good so you can figure out where you want to be.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Be VERY careful in south Fort Worth. There are some rough, even dangerous, neighborhoods down there. Being Hispanic will help as you will blend in.

I agree that renting a room for a while would be good so you can figure out where you want to be.
what do yall call the loop?

Old 10-28-2019, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
what do yall call the loop?
There is not a “the” used with the numbers.

Old 10-28-2019, 08:15 AM

160 posts, read 197,475 times
Think of Fort Worth as a circle (loop 820) with a line dividing it north and south (Interstate I30) and another dividing it east and west (Interstate I35W).

Some general tips:

-Commuting between Frisco and Fort Worth is not feasible. You will easily spend 2 hours in the car each way.

-Commuting on I35 is a nightmare...avoid it at all costs.

-The southeast sector has a lot of crime, I would stay away.

-The northwest sector is historically the Hispanic area of town. Not a great area, pretty run down.

-The southwest side is weird in that you have some high crime areas (Lake Como area) right next to some very nice areas
(Riglea is what I would call the "Old Money" area of Fort Worth). There are some affordable and decent apartments to be
found near the TCU campus if you don't mind the college kids.

- Benbrook and Everman are decent. Some crime but mostly calm.

- Burleson is a typical suburb, popular spot for people with young kids to buy a first home. Not much in the way of nightlife.

- South Arlington is a mix of apartments and suburb type neighborhoods. Again some crime but not too bad. Plenty of
nightlife to be had. Closer to Dallas if you like to option to go that direction.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:39 AM

so i see a new build apartments and wanted some feed back on the area.
2900 Broadmoor Dr is where these new apartments are at.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:10 PM

Broadmoor Drive is one street over from Las Vegas Trail, which is not a safe area and is to be avoided at all cost. Go read the GOogle reviews of that complex: 2.9 out of 5.

Here's a series of articles about "Life on Las Vegas Trail" in the local newspaper:
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/s...153979419.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth