Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2007, 09:55 AM

10 posts, read 45,178 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are currently renting a home close to Huguley Hospital (since December) and are still new to the area. I'm not a huge fan of being so close to Everman and Forest Hill (especially now that we have a baby on the way).
I'm now looking to buy a home.

Let me give you the run down:
I work in downtown Fort Worth.
Our #1 priority is how good the schools are.
We don't want to end up in an area where all these low end houses are going in, i.e., "Homes starting in the 90's!"
I would prefer a smaller town, but not so far removed that there's nothing to do.
We really want to be in a friendly area where we would feel comfortable letting our "soon to be here" son play and we could socialize with the neighbors.

Is there such a place?

I'd really appreciate any thought and input that anyone could give.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 12:42 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
You might consider the Mid-Cities--Hurst and Bedford (older neighborhoods but stable) and Harwood Jr. High, Bedford Jr High and their elementary schools are usually considered ok--Lakewood elementary is strong school but there is mixed housing that feeds into it
Grapevine (town) has good areas and schools...and is more reasonable than Colleyville in general...
Keller has good neighborhoods w/good elementary schools but some areas have lots of homes for sale where there are foreclosures like in Woodland Springs and Park Glen--if you are planning on staying long term, you might get a good buy...but Keller west of 377 (really in FTW but they say Keller because it is Keller schools and sometimes a Keller mailing address)
is more iffy than Keller east of 377...Williamsburg and Lakes of Canterbury-- older neighborhood but trees and fairly large lots...Rancho Serena, gated, community pool...

Colleyville is probably more than you want to pay...
NRHills I would recommend subdivisions Thornbridge, Brandonwood and older Forest Glen and couple of others. if you can afford them...
Birdville schools need to be chosen carefully

Old 06-06-2007, 02:26 PM

54 posts, read 81,293 times
Default Try Mountain Valley Lake

Check out Mountain Valley Lake in Joshua. Great schools, great location, tollway as well as an HEB / movie theater and more planned just a few miles east of the subdivision. The elementary school (North Joshua) is one of the best public elementaries in Texas. We had put money down to have a home built before my husband got transferred. We loved the neighborhood. The folks at Homes by Towne were great and my friend in the Attorney General's office said they have no complaints against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth