Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2010, 10:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,514 times

Advertisements

Hi. We are moving to DFW and are totally confused about where to live. My husband will most likely be working in Highland Park but could also be in Plano or Euless. I will be working in Arlington for 6 months and then in Coppell or Irving after the company moves. We want to rent a 3 to 4 bedroom house for under $1800 in a nice family neighborhood within a 30 to 45 minute commute for each of us. Any suggestions would be so appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 11:16 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,427,044 times
You will more than likely find more info on the Dallas board. When we moved, I went to the dallas chamber of commerce site and you can pull down their relocation book on pdf. I wouldn't do the whole thing, but they have a neighborhood preview and they had some great statistics about each neighborhood. That helped me a bunch and hopefully it will help you!

Old 02-22-2010, 09:24 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
when will you know for sure about your husband's job

Plano is really a long way to go when you consider the other areas jobs might be...

Coppell would be my first suggestion--but I don't know that you could find house for rent in your price range--Coppell ISD runs into Lewisville--and that might be more affordable
the schools in Coppell ISD are generally good and it is a small district--just 1 high school--it would be fairly easy commute into HP and with the Bush Turnpike not too far it would be easy to get into Plano--at least part of it...
check a map

the schools in Arlington are what I would rank as second tier--and the areas are really mixed--and getting from Arlington to Highland Park would not be that great a commute anyway

Euless is HEB ISD or Grapevine Colleyville (north Euless)
Trinity HS has some good programs but Euless middle gets +/- reviews from people with kids there
some of the elementaries are top rated--even in borderline residential areas...
Grapevine Colleyville ISD is very good district--think finding home in Grapevine would be difficult at that price--Colleyville not happening

there are some nice areas in Las Colinas--and that part of the Irving ISD is probably pretty good but not sure about the 1800

realtor.com has rentals but not that many
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth