Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 10:30 AM

3 posts, read 5,453 times

Advertisements

I am a newly single mother and my daughter and I are relocating to Fort Worth. I was wondering if I could get some advise on some areas of Fort Worth that would be safe to live in that would have a pretty good school system for my daughter. We plan to be renting for the foreseeable future. I am searching for admin work in the northern Ft. Worth/Arlington areas.
Any advice you could offer would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 06:35 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,682,176 times
My only advice is that -- if you are a newly single mom -- please move where you have family to provide a network for you and Madeleine. I have been in your shoes and moved to test my long distance relationship so at least I had a local person to lean on regarding schools and housing. But, as far as schools, you might want to check out Summit International Prep school. Its a local public charter school in North Arlington; you don't have to live anywhere in particular to have your child attend if she gets in. I don't know if they are fully enrolled for the Fall. That way, if you move around a bit she wouldn't have to change schools.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:55 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,849,240 times
look at a map--
north FTW and Arlington are not close to each other--
you would have a terrible commute if you rented in one area and worked in another

hope you have family to stay with while you try to find a job--find a job then decide on where to live
there are good ISDs in most areas and better ISDs in certain locations--but that is all moot if you don't know where you are working...

Old 04-20-2010, 10:03 AM

3 posts, read 5,381 times
Smile Ft Worth Locations

Hi,
We moved to Fort Worth in 1997. We ended up in North Fort Worth, in the Keller School district.

Keller itself is expensive to rent or own homes in, however, North Fort Worth isn't too bad.
The Schools are very good. There are good schools in Burleson, straight down I-35 south of Ft. Worth, but close to Arlington if you plan to work there. Also close to Fort Worth. The town is growing, but it still has that down home feel.
I would suggest calling a Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, or Army Recruiter!

My husband was in the Marine Corps for 23 yrs, which brings us to why we ended up staying here. It was close to home and we retired from the Corps. He was a recruiter twice in his career, and was the Sgt Major over Meps in Dallas before he retired. Recruiters KNOW where the safe locations to live and go to school are! Here's the phone number for one of the Marine Recruiting offices here in Fort Worth: 817-735-9891.

Feel free to e-mail me if and when you get here or before if you want more information about specific places etc... [EMAIL="margo.foley@charter.net"]margo.foley@charter.net[/EMAIL]
God Bless with your search and move!

Old 04-21-2010, 02:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,294 times
Hello All!

Like a few others, I plan on relocating to the DFW area and have started researching Saginaw. It seems to be a growing city and has a number of new housing developments. I am a single mother of 3 and looking to settle in a safe area with decent schooling. After reading all the information on Saginaw, it seems to be the type of area I am looking for to raise my children, but I wouldn't mind a bit more info from a few locals...or at least someone who is familiar with the subdivisions that are not too expensive, nice, but still affordable. How are the areas along Knowles and/or above Longhorn Rd? there are also a few neighborhoods located below East Bailey Boswell Rd and West of F to M 156. I honestly love the community neighborhoods, but worry about them eventually becoming overrun with "the bad apples" of the lower income families. No harm meant to anyone, I have seen this happen in a few of the areas or multifamily communities here in Abilene. I'm really just looking for some sound advice on the areas until I am able to drive out to visit the area on my own. Thanks and be blessed!

Old 04-21-2010, 10:34 AM

47 posts, read 186,965 times
Northwest ISD (http://www.nisdtx.org/northwest/site/default.asp - broken link)

[LEFT]Northwest ISD is one of the fastest growing school districts in the state and attracts more than 1,200 new students each year. Located north of Fort Worth and west of the Dallas metroplex, Northwest ISD has a vision of becoming the best and most sought-after school district where every student is future ready: ready for college, ready for the global workplace, and ready for personal success.

The Northwest Independent School District covers 234 square miles and serves 14 communities in parts of three counties. The district of 14,000 students is expected to nearly double in size during the next five years and could have as many as 90,000 students by 2030.

Northwest ISD has two high schools, three middle schools, 14 elementary schools, a special programs center and a community-based youth residential program. In August 2010, the district will open its fourth middle school, an accelerated high school, and will relocate Roanoke Elementary School. [/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth