Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2008, 07:28 AM

7 posts, read 39,886 times

Advertisements

I am looking for the TOP selling realtor in Frederick, MD. Who has experience in Frederick with an excellent realtor that sold your home?
I appreciate your replies!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 09:21 AM

250 posts, read 1,378,099 times
Bob Carney is your guy. He works with Long and Foster real estate, and he's my go-to guy for people in that area.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:09 PM

7,021 posts, read 11,314,367 times
I hope you have a "top" property if you want the "top" realtor in town. It is more important to find someone who will work hard to sell your property, even if they are not the "top" guy in town than it is to pick a big name. How hard is the "top" guy in town going to work to sell a condo or townhouse if they have several multi-million dollar listings too? We sold our condo with Rob Helfand at Remax. He worked very hard with us and had a very analytic approach to the process, which we liked.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:07 PM

2 posts, read 7,594 times
Default Just to keep in mind

You may not know but it does happen unfortunately in our world that when you are looking for referral, that person may charge the realtor for referring a business...they could cook up a really nice deal behind your back and the money eventually comes out of your pocket which is illegal but a lot of realtors are still doing it because they need business too...so be careful, work with somebody you know or choose somebody from advertisement. Top selling agent does not make a big difference, they always have a higher percentage for commission because they are doing it for a living even in bad market like this and true, they may focus on their multimillion dollar properties that produces more money...As a realtor I still say that I'm sure they do some kind of advertisement but the selling price will be up to you and the financing bank...it is really hard to sell now when the inventory is so big unless your house is very exceptional in one way or the other...because no matter how high the realtor would put your house if in realty the buyer offers only half of that...it is very common nowdays...

Old 05-15-2008, 09:55 AM

250 posts, read 1,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szilvusz View Post
You may not know but it does happen unfortunately in our world that when you are looking for referral, that person may charge the realtor for referring a business...they could cook up a really nice deal behind your back and the money eventually comes out of your pocket which is illegal but a lot of realtors are still doing it because they need business too...so be careful, work with somebody you know or choose somebody from advertisement. Top selling agent does not make a big difference, they always have a higher percentage for commission because they are doing it for a living even in bad market like this and true, they may focus on their multimillion dollar properties that produces more money...As a realtor I still say that I'm sure they do some kind of advertisement but the selling price will be up to you and the financing bank...it is really hard to sell now when the inventory is so big unless your house is very exceptional in one way or the other...because no matter how high the realtor would put your house if in realty the buyer offers only half of that...it is very common nowdays...
Jeez, he was asking for a recommendation for a top agent, why do you feel the need to tell him all the reasons why he's wrong for wanting a top producer? Also, let's get 2 things straight:

1) I'm not referring a client to anyone here, so the concept of a referral fee is moot/invalid

2) Referrals are NOT ILLEGAL, they happen all the time, and you may want to look back over NAR Code of Ethics if you think that an agent to agent referral is verboten.

There's no reason to be down on a top selling agent here, they do have some serious benefits:

1) They have deeper pockets than do small time agents, and can spend more to market

2) They have a better sense of how to bring buyers and sellers together, which gets homes sold. That's why they've become "Top Agents"

3) They have been through hundreds of transactions, seen more obscure complications, and better understand how to work through them, helping ensure a smoother sale process.

4) They understand how to get RESULTS. They've seen what sort of minor differences in advertising have really BIG impacts on buyer psychology.

5) Nobody said Top Producers Charge More. Commission is negotiable, so negotiate!

6) No good agent is going to neglect a $300k listing because they have a $1 million listing, and here's why: It's great to get a big listing, but there's a lot fewer buyers, they take a long time to sell, and smaller priced listings are a Realtor's bread and butter because of the consistency at which they sell. You could sell $300k listings every week if they're priced right. a $1 million listing can take weeks or even months, despite being priced well!

Old 05-21-2009, 04:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,764 times
What to do.I have one bad expereince with a realtor,it was terrible!With that being said I have 4 properties to be listed,that we have owned for 10-15 years,two properties are residental two are commercial.So far we have talked to realtors that want us to do the work(comps,plats ect..)we both work 6 days a week and dont have time or feel like we should have to do their job for them.The first agent talked a good game,then we did not here from them for 30 days.It is very frustrating,we would like to sell all 4 properties for todays value,you would think thats not asking too much.I know the market is weak but i would think a hard working agent would love to list our properties,the values range from 300-1 million poss.more.Can anyone give us any advice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick