Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 09:42 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

A Great Site For EXTREME CHEAPSKATES.

Extreme Cheapskates: TLC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 06:44 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A Great Site For EXTREME CHEAPSKATES.

Extreme Cheapskates: TLC
I watched a little of that last night. The one where the whole family used the same bath water just grossed me out enough to make me change the channel!

Old 11-07-2013, 05:23 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,396,070 times
I'm all for being frugal but some of the people on those shows seem almost mentally ill in he degree to which they will go to save pennies. I'd be so hurt if my SO tried to throw a party for me on like $2, LOL

Old 11-07-2013, 05:33 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,816,044 times
I watched this show once and the family used scraps of cloth for toilet paper. They just placed the soiled cloth in a basket next to the toilet and washed them when the basket was full. Ewww.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:14 AM

296 posts, read 571,464 times
I tried but can not watch this show because of the level of insanity they go to save money. Similar to the previous post's. I was looking forward to the show when I seen the previews but it is disappointing to me. I was hoping for something more helpful. The episode I watched actually had a couple sharing dental floss for a week. Do I really need to see that? Haha , I will keep learning from all of the helpful people on this site! Murph

Old 11-08-2013, 07:24 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,452,265 times
Lets be sensible here.......This show is "scripted " as in written to entertain those foolish enough to actually watch it. Its TV folks. It is NOT real.

Jim B

Toronto.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:49 AM

23,601 posts, read 70,425,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
I watched this show once and the family used scraps of cloth for toilet paper. They just placed the soiled cloth in a basket next to the toilet and washed them when the basket was full. Ewww.
Those are "family" cloths. If you consider cloth diapers (nappies) are the same concept, it all comes down to how good the washing machine is. I've gone a different route, with a bidet. Less expensive in the long run, or especially if you have long runs...

Old 11-08-2013, 10:56 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,630,701 times
The couple who shares floss! One swipe only with the deodorant! Lady who pees in a bottle and then puts it outside on the garden. Lady who eats only dumpster dive food and serves it to her company. All disgusting to me!

Old 11-08-2013, 12:34 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,100,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Lets be sensible here.......This show is "scripted " as in written to entertain those foolish enough to actually watch it. Its TV folks. It is NOT real.

Jim B

Toronto.
every reality show is scripted to some extent but i find this show seems more genuine than most. i watched one recently about this younger couple who showered together and the man used the lather from the womens hair, the shower they took together was 2 minutes, they shaed the same string of dental floss, made tallies on how many times they flushed the toilet, woudln't share snacks and if someone stayed up past ten spent all this time figuring out how much more they owed in electric. they actually seemed to enjoy it and that was their hobby. if you enjoy it, i think thats wierd but more power to you and be happy. if someone is doing this it just doesn't seem like a very quality life to me.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:02 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
One has to question the wisdom of running all over town searching for change. What a waste of time. Getting a (second) job would require less effort and pay better.

A lot of the people on that show seem to suffer from some serious mental illness. The dumpster diving lady who refuses to buy clothes seemed particularly messed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living