Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 02:03 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,899,548 times

Advertisements

Cost of driving depends on so many things: age of the vehicle (probably the main factor), how many miles, how many options to maintain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 08:51 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
i feel like most drivers on the road already lack motor skills
if you really feel that way then its probably you that lacks the motor skills. I can imagine the small % of people on the road that are terrible drivers are probably thinking that its everyone else with the problem.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:34 AM

14,016 posts, read 20,900,579 times
Default Unity versus divisiveness

There are many things which divide us in this country, but there is one thing (and maybe only one thing) which unites us. Here it is: No matter what our race, gender, religion, profession, socio-economic class, educational level, or age, we all believe we are above average drivers!

Old 12-23-2013, 10:32 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,207,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
if you really feel that way then its probably you that lacks the motor skills. I can imagine the small % of people on the road that are terrible drivers are probably thinking that its everyone else with the problem.
i find that ironic coming from someone in new jersey.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
i find that ironic coming from someone in new jersey.
really? i guess you felt insulted and felt the need to respond in kind but couldn't you have done better than insult me based on the state i live in? its not my fault that you aren't a very good driver. there is no need to take your anger out on me or the garden state.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
really? i guess you felt insulted
you insinuated that i was a bad driver just because i thought there were alot of bad drivers on the road. wtf???

Quote:
and felt the need to respond in kind but couldn't you have done better than insult me based on the state i live in?
i could have done better, but in the spirit of the holidays, i am holding back. you're welcome.

Quote:
its not my fault that you aren't a very good driver.
i am a good driver actually. no accidents(knock on wood)

it also helps that i am not an asian(or woman).

Quote:
there is no need to take your anger out on me or the garden state.
i dont get angry

Old 12-23-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
you insinuated that i was a bad driver just because i thought there were alot of bad drivers on the road. wtf???
its not a big deal if I insinuated that you were a bad driver. I included the word "probably" which meant that there is a still a chance you are a good driver. i drive a lot and i know that most people aren't bad drivers. so either you were exaggerating, you live in a unique place where most people are bad drivers or you are the bad driver.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
its not a big deal if I insinuated that you were a bad driver.
fine then, its also no big deal that i say you're a bad driver because you're from jersey

Quote:
I included the word "probably" which meant that there is a still a chance you are a good driver.

Quote:
i drive a lot and i know that most people aren't bad drivers.
awesome story, bro

Quote:
so either you were exaggerating, you live in a unique place where most people are bad drivers or you are the bad driver.
the middle one

why are you posting in a "car free" thread if you drive alot? do you steal cars or something? i mean, that's a good way to be frugal, just steal cars and drive that **** box until it breaks down and then steal again. i am just trying to hone in on what your rant has to do with the thread directly.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
fine then, its also no big deal that i say you're a bad driver because you're from jersey

awesome story, bro

the middle one

why are you posting in a "car free" thread if you drive alot? do you steal cars or something? i mean, that's a good way to be frugal, just steal cars and drive that **** box until it breaks down and then steal again. i am just trying to hone in on what your rant has to do with the thread directly.
its certainly no big deal to say im a bad driver because im from new jersey. it doesnt make much sense, but if you want to say it then go right ahead.

haha you seriously think this thread should be limited to people who dont have cars? its not a "car free thread." its a thread asking if people live car free. people who do and dont live car free are welcome here. i dont understand why people that arent very bright get insulted and feel the need to attack others due to their own shortcomings.

i see you claim to be a good driver, so why do you feel you belong in a "car free thread"?

Old 12-26-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
haha you seriously think this thread should be limited to people who dont have cars?
its not a "car free thread." its a thread asking if people live car free. people who do and dont live car free are welcome here. i dont understand why people that arent very bright get insulted and feel the need to attack others due to their own shortcomings.
this post makes no sense. it seems like you only posted to call me out instead of discussing being carless. unless i skimmed over other posts you've made in the thread(which were most likely also useless)
Quote:
i see you claim to be a good driver, so why do you feel you belong in a "car free thread"?
i read the thread because i used to be car-free not long ago. not really an outrageous concept.

i want to go back to being car-free, but not completely. theoretically, i could go car-free for the most part, except on the days where i do both jobs(or bad weather).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living