Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2016, 12:38 AM

64 posts, read 92,376 times

Advertisements

I need a good one that cost effective. Also works well just Internet service
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 11:35 PM

48 posts, read 84,475 times
Mary, maybe no one here uses data only plans on their cell phones and tablets? You might want to try posting your question in the Science and Technology forum.

I don't know if this helps, but my son has a $99 LG Ultimate 2 Tracfone HSN bundle that came with 1200 minutes talk, 1200 text, and 1200 MB data for one year. He's a minimalist communicator, so $8 a month works great for him, lol. Tracfone allows him to add just data if he wants, but he rarely uses the phone data for Internet use. He uses the house wifi or free wifi hotspots (Starbucks or McDonalds) for the Internet. For data only, 2 GB costs $30, which isn't a terrible deal, but I'm pretty sure Tracfone doesn't offer tablets yet.

Good luck.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:03 AM

64 posts, read 92,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenshoes View Post
Mary, maybe no one here uses data only plans on their cell phones and tablets? You might want to try posting your question in the Science and Technology forum.

I don't know if this helps, but my son has a $99 LG Ultimate 2 Tracfone HSN bundle that came with 1200 minutes talk, 1200 text, and 1200 MB data for one year. He's a minimalist communicator, so $8 a month works great for him, lol. Tracfone allows him to add just data if he wants, but he rarely uses the phone data for Internet use. He uses the house wifi or free wifi hotspots (Starbucks or McDonalds) for the Internet. For data only, 2 GB costs $30, which isn't a terrible deal, but I'm pretty sure Tracfone doesn't offer tablets yet.

Good luck.
thanks so much!!

Old 03-03-2016, 10:24 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,049,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenshoes View Post

Good luck.
I have the same Tracfone LG Ultimate 2 phone and I use mine the same way. I talk and text very little. I use a little bit of data, less than 100mb per month. I use an app that tells me exactly how much data I use per month (3G Watchdog). I use wifi as much as possible.

You can buy Data only for 4gb for $50. (That would last me a few years.)

Tracfone now has Bring Your Own Phone for their Verizon and AT&T service. If you get an AT&T SIM from Tracfone you can put it in any AT&T phone and move it around as much as you want. One forum poster put it in his tablet and it worked for data. I don't know what tablets have a SIM slot.

Look on howardforums at General Prepaid discussions. There may be some services that offer Data Only service.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:27 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,626,742 times
T-mobile $30/mo.
•100 minutes talk
•Unlimited text
•First 5GB at up to 4G speeds; speeds reduced thereafter
$30/mo. plan is only available for devices purchased from Walmart or devices activated on T-Mobile.com.

For the truly young at heart who does everything via text, this plan really can't be beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living