Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 12:57 PM

648 posts, read 1,174,899 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I keep seeing websites that tell us we can get free Colgate toothpaste at CVS, with an in-store coupon (from the red machine), plus a coupon that is in 'most Sunday papers'. I get the Sunday paper.. with RedPlum, Smart Source, and all that. But there is never any Colgate coupon in there. At least not for the right kind.

Then I check back on these websites, and they provide a link to the Colgate coupon, which I then print out.
It always seems to be for 'Daily Repair'.. but the CVS offer is good for 'MaxFresh, Total, or 2-in1' only. I've even tried to use the Q for the Daily Repair in hopes that they would still take it, but they don't. So I find myself going around in circles to try to get this deal, but it never works.
Could someone explain to me what I'm missing here...? It's driving me nuts. Seems kind of like a conspiracy or just a cruel joke at this point... (Lol!)
Thanks!

Old 05-17-2016, 07:15 PM

374 posts, read 492,352 times
Since no one came to explain...LOL thought I would. First learn about the CVSing which is a way of buying, couponing, EC bucks and rolling over with this step by step. Simply CVS: CVS 101: Ten Steps to Saving

Get a card. Register it online.

Read the ads, get the coupons and match it with sales as well as extra coupon specials and bucks.

Join a coupon board. I am a Mod at one and not sure if I can put on here. But is one of largest google coupon board... Hot and you will find us. You can join for your State, stores and there is many CVS'ers that will teach you how to legally coupon, stack, and do it.

There is much more then toothpaste you can get free, but you must collect coupons, match the ads and sales to coupons etc. There is places to coupon train, trade and learn the basics.

Best regards

Old 05-18-2016, 05:59 PM

AngelWing,
Hey thanks for all the info...! Actually I have a card, & already do all that, so I know the scoop...
I just can't seem to ever get this free toothpaste thing.

What is baffling is how the websites always say 'get the coupon here' (for the stackable freebie deal) and you click on it, but then it's the wrong coupon. It's for the Daily Repair, not the ones that CVS has on sale. (Usually the MaxFresh, Total or 2-in-1.)
And my other question was.... in the CVS weekly it says 'coupon in most Sunday papers'. So why is it 'most',, and how come it's never in mine..?
So I look for the right coupon online (MaxFresh, Total or 2-in-1).. and it's nowhere to be found online, anywhere....

Old 05-18-2016, 06:24 PM

569 posts, read 552,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opalminor View Post
AngelWing,
Hey thanks for all the info...! Actually I have a card, & already do all that, so I know the scoop...
I just can't seem to ever get this free toothpaste thing.

What is baffling is how the websites always say 'get the coupon here' (for the stackable freebie deal) and you click on it, but then it's the wrong coupon. It's for the Daily Repair, not the ones that CVS has on sale. (Usually the MaxFresh, Total or 2-in-1.)
And my other question was.... in the CVS weekly it says 'coupon in most Sunday papers'. So why is it 'most',, and how come it's never in mine..?
So I look for the right coupon online (MaxFresh, Total or 2-in-1).. and it's nowhere to be found online, anywhere....
If they are not willing providing them, then don't bother. Sometimes, the people put up the hardships for the end recievers to make themselves free commercials. Only the cheap people or the unsuspecting shoppers fall to their traps.

Don't walk a mile to save a dollar. Just mark the companies and advertisers as the unwelcomed.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:35 PM

So CPP, Are you saying it's a scam? As in.. they trick you into thinking you can get a free toothpaste to get you into the store? Then how are all these frugal couponing blogs in on it too?

Old 05-19-2016, 05:06 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
You scan your card at the store, it prints out a ton of coupons, you can also use manufacturer's coupons on top of items, you sign up for emails, you can load coupons to your card..... it's easy

Old 05-19-2016, 05:53 PM

Hi Flamingo!
I don't think you read my post(s).. but thanks for the encouragement anyway.. ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living