Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2012, 11:07 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,405,309 times

Advertisements

I succumed to temptation and bought another mum yesterday at the supermarket. Of course there was no cultivar name, but while checking out chrysanthemum (or Dendranthema as I believe they're now classified) morifolium, I stumbled across an FDA report about Chinese medicinal ingredients, including chrysanthemum tea.

I do not recommend the ingestion of ANY garden plants. You could get sick or be allergic, and Kinkytoes is not responsible. But the paper's interesting and lists several plant ingredients, including Japanese honeysuckle and white mulberry leaves as well as scientific and ethnographic evidence.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/script.../grn000013.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 11:29 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,966,698 times
I had a Goji berry plant but I had to rip it out of my front yard. The thing grows like a weed with roots spread all over even goes under my concrete foundation. The leaves of Goji plant makes an excellent tea and the red fruit is used for both cooking & for medicinal purpose.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:07 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,405,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
I had a Goji berry plant but I had to rip it out of my front yard. The thing grows like a weed with roots spread all over even goes under my concrete foundation. The leaves of Goji plant makes an excellent tea and the red fruit is used for both cooking & for medicinal purpose.
WHEW, thank goodness I didn't buy one. It was in one of the garden catalogs, and the same company also sold various invasive species as ornamentals. Did you get to taste the berries before digging it up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden