Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 08:56 PM

974 posts, read 1,899,079 times

Advertisements

I know!!!! We never believe winter is ending and then one day POOF! GARDEN!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 07:52 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowbe202 View Post
I know!!!! We never believe winter is ending and then one day POOF! GARDEN!!!
Yeah.....LOL It's like magic!

Old 06-13-2014, 05:54 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,764,351 times
We have been having a cooler than usual summer here in the Interior of Alaska. Just this morning in some areas, there were freezing temperatures. My garden was okay - thank goodness!

I planted around June 2nd including setting some seeds. Today, I put in some beet seeds - a little late but I should be able to harvest some baby beets sometime in early-mid August.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:01 AM

24,569 posts, read 10,869,900 times
We have not yet had three digit temps and unusual rain here in the DFW area of Texas. Some peppers are ready to harvest, green onions turned into onions, had the first Sweet 100s yesterday. Tomato vines got away from me literally over two days. We still have dill and some lettuce - just too cool for the season.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
We have been having a cooler than usual summer here in the Interior of Alaska. Just this morning in some areas, there were freezing temperatures. My garden was okay - thank goodness!

I planted around June 2nd including setting some seeds. Today, I put in some beet seeds - a little late but I should be able to harvest some baby beets sometime in early-mid August.
Wow! ....freezing temps still? I'm so sorry, Naturen! Come on Summer! Hit AK!

Old 06-15-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
We have not yet had three digit temps and unusual rain here in the DFW area of Texas. Some peppers are ready to harvest, green onions turned into onions, had the first Sweet 100s yesterday. Tomato vines got away from me literally over two days. We still have dill and some lettuce - just too cool for the season.
That's just crazy....thinking that y'all have such a different growing season that us northerners! As for 3 digit temps.....hahaha...that's why I love living in the PNW. In our precise location, 3 digit temps simply do not happen. Yaaaaaay! Nineties....are a cause for panic around here! Seriously, if we have more than 2 days in a row of 80s....we're wilting and have all windows and doors open, fans going...LOL Not only do the plants here not care for it, but the people don't much care for it either.

Warm weather for us is in the 70s, which means we can actually work outside all day without dying from heatstroke.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:36 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,764,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Wow! ....freezing temps still? I'm so sorry, Naturen! Come on Summer! Hit AK!
It was an anomaly and just for one day. Although many may have had their gardens frosted, I was one of the fortunates due to a difference in elevation (lower lying areas' temperatures were at freezing and below - very regional). Today, the predicted high is 75*F and the pattern should continue throughout the week.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:09 PM

974 posts, read 1,899,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post

I will never complain about "cold" temps again.

So sorry about your weather!

Old 07-22-2014, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 823 times
Default Planting A Vegetable Garden

For years, I had trouble growing vegetables in my garden. I tried a bunch of different approaches. This year Ive been following a guide online. Id love a second opinion on whether or not there is something missing from this guide that I should be considering!

Here it is [url=http://www.lawndoctor.com/content/when-it-time-plant-your-vegetable-garden]When Is It Time to Plant Your Vegetable Garden?[/url]

Thanks in advance

Heave a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden