Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 05:34 AM

3,070 posts, read 2,400,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
They have a food source - other bugs.
Please see previous posts. Spiders eat other spiders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 07:10 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I agree that spiders eat other insects, so they will either starve to death or you will see evidence in their webs.
I would kill them (or move them outside) and see if that takes care of the problem. If I continued to see them, I would get a professional treatment from an exterminating company.

Old 05-07-2018, 12:16 PM

806 posts, read 877,223 times
There is a product called Suspend SC . Works extremely well . Do NOT purchase it at those local Do it yourself pest control stores . I've seen a 100% markup over online ordering .

Old 08-05-2018, 07:29 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I decided to revisit this because inside spiders seem to be a problem with my house, too. They are not visible, but the tiny ones that make cobwebs. I’m not sure what the best way to get rid of them is.
I can dust or vacuum them away, and the next week there will be more. I have two dogs so I hate to spray around the furniture.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:45 AM

236 posts, read 195,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I decided to revisit this because inside spiders seem to be a problem with my house, too. They are not visible, but the tiny ones that make cobwebs. I’m not sure what the best way to get rid of them is.
I can dust or vacuum them away, and the next week there will be more. I have two dogs so I hate to spray around the furniture.
I have the same issue. I sprinkle diatemaceous earth in corners which helps alot. But I still have to go around with a broom and sweep out their webs or they take over. I dont want poison or cancer causing chemicals around humans or pets either. Sometimes I use powdered herbs like rosemary which also helps. The spiders are smart so they avoid anything I sprinkle and climb higher!

Old 08-05-2018, 08:13 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
That's one thing I hate about summer, spiders seem to be more plentiful inside.

This morning as I came home from shopping, I saw a dark spot on the carpet near the entrance. I thought it was just one of those loose threads from my black socks so I stepped on it to move it away. Then I looked closer and noticed pieces of legs, and realized it was a dark house spider. Yeck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden