Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 12:19 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,739 times

Advertisements

You have to attach a hose to a pressure washer anyway.

We use a pressure washer for major cleaning, not for daily household use, and certainly not for removing spiderwebs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 08:01 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,411,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
Well it depends. How often does your house and driveway require pressure washing and cleaning and what is the cost to have someone professionally do it? If you need to do it frequently throughout the year then having a pressure washer may fit the bill. If you need to only do it once a year then hiring someone to do it may make sense. You don't need a pressure washer to take down spider webs or wash the car and you don't risk your kids thinking they are being funny and trying to spray you with the pressure washer.
Its a new house, I'm just thinking to maintain it. I'm already starting to see spider webs form around the house and want to spray those down. Most people on here say a pressure washer attaches to a hose but is it a garden hose or a different level of PSI.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:02 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,411,978 times
I thought maybe there is a tool out there that probably does both. I guess not.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:33 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
Its a new house, I'm just thinking to maintain it. I'm already starting to see spider webs form around the house and want to spray those down. Most people on here say a pressure washer attaches to a hose but is it a garden hose or a different level of PSI.
you attach a standard garden hose to the pressure washer and then it comes out of the wand at super fast speeds. so the previous poster was right, you arent getting away without a garden hose no matter what.

so it looks like with a special nozzle you can increase the pressure of the hose but its still not going to come anywhere near the PSI of a pressure washer. you wont need a pressure washer for spider webs but you will if you want to clean your patio/deck/etc.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:31 AM

13,714 posts, read 12,431,964 times
Personally I think that a garden hose and pressure washer are about as similar as a lawnmower and pruning shears. In that, you can't use a lawnmower in place of pruning shears and you wouldn't want to cut your lawn with shears.

Sure, they both deliver water. But a pressure washer is, at its core, a power tool for cleaning. It's nice to have but certainly isn't a necessity for most people. Anyhow, you can rent one if you only need it every couple years.

If you have a boat, the PW is nice. If you have a house that needs exterior cleaning often, PW is nice. If you are the type that wants your cement driveway immaculate with no discoloration, a PW is nice.

It isn't necessary for daily life as a homeowner the way a garden hose is. And, it can't do what a garden hose can do. I'm not even sure if you could use it for much of what you use a garden hose for.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:37 AM

13,714 posts, read 12,431,964 times
Quote:
Garden hose. Its like a lawnmower...Most of them have gas engines but there are electric ones...And the hose on the pressure washer is short compared to a garden hose, you you need a long garden hose for a PW.

Old 06-27-2019, 11:18 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,429,872 times
Quote:
Get yourself one of those poles that extend and allow different ends to go on like a broom, a dust mop or anything else. I have an end that is used to clean grout. They are great not only outside but inside for dusting those hard to reach areas like ceiling fans. Attack the spider web with either a broom end or dust mop and then use a hose with a nozzle that adjusts to clean off the rest of the web. Since it is a new house wait a year to determine how dirty the driveway and the house gets from the elements to decide if buying a pressure washer is worth it. Some houses quickly get green on one side due to not being in the sun and some lighter houses show dirt more easily. You aren't yet anywhere near needing a pressure washer yet, however, if a used one turns up cheap it will be worth it in the future.

Old 04-02-2020, 08:23 AM

anyone use a turbo nozzle on their pressure washer? i have extra time on my hands on the weekends so i am going to be doing some pressure washing and i saw this nozzle online. i have some large areas to clean so i wouldnt mind something that speeds up the process.

Old 04-03-2020, 07:49 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
You need a garden hose to hook up to the pressure washer anyway?

I bought a cheapo $250 pressure washer off amazon similar to this
https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...15bf100662c3bc

Every spring, I pressure wash my composite decks, and house with it to clean it off and it does a fine job. I've owned it for about 4 years now.

ALso comes in handy cleaning off the kids water toys that have accumulated muck in them when they sit for a couple weeks unused.

I've also degreased a few car engine bays.

Great tool...couldn't live without one now

Old 04-04-2020, 11:40 AM

so after further research, i decided to pick up a surface cleaner attachment. i picked up the the following ryobi at home depot since i wanted to have it in time to use today.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-15...SC01/306343055

i didnt use it on my aluminum deck since i was nervous about damaging the deck. i used it on the concrete patio that is under my deck. it was amazing. that thing probably cut out 75% of the time it would have taken to do that patio. it was way better than i had expected it to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden