Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 08:37 AM

3,053 posts, read 2,028,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Here's one for sale from Lehman's although I think they're currently sold out. But any cylinder will do, it doesn't have to be a special one. https://www.lehmans.com/product/the-potmaker

Wrap the newspaper strips around the bottom of a cylinder with part of it hanging off the end. Fold the ends in and there's a pot. It doesn't last all that long, but if you use several layers of newspaper it will last long enough to get the seeds started.

Oh my what a shape
No fault of your (just theirs) but this video sucks, skips over the MOST important part, seeing how the bottom is made and showing the over hang of the newspaper being tucked under. Must be word-of-mouth sales cuz this does not do it. Origami cup folding could do the same.

I use Solo cups for my seedlings, they last for years after seedlings planted out. I cut the bottoms out of a few to keep tender small plants safe from cutworms and cold winds until danger over. 7 cents each and last for 3+ years (sunlight makes them brittle over time). Easy to write name with grease pencil and rub off afterwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 08:04 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,035,170 times
We were probably going to garden anyway, but since our governor banned fun in Oregon, we ramped up our gardening a lot. We have an apartment patio, but have pretty much done as much of a raised bed as we could fit. Neighbors probably think we're nuts, but I enjoy it a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden