Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 05:24 PM

3,066 posts, read 2,054,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I think the OP better google tree laws with his town and state because there very well could be one. I'm actually seeing one for my town but it deals with city trees and trees planted in people's front yards near the 1st whatever feet from the street. From what I'm reading, it doesn't apply to any on our own property except that 10ft clearance from the curb.
I once owned a property, didn't live there just used it as my art studio but was there 5-6 days a week. Next-door neighbor lady was very determined to cut down all trees on her property and asked to come on my rear yard to get to one of the very, very tall native pines in her back yard. I said no, sorry. Didn't tell her why but was very worried about liability, someone getting injured and maybe it would come down on my small house.

Foiled with cutting down her rear tree (previous owner probably said no too) but there was another large tree in her front yard 15' from my house.

Properties were located in extreme end of county and yes there were tree ordinances especially for native trees. People there got away with a lot of illegal stuff.

I arrived one Sunday and she had Hispanic crew 30' up in 45' tree, no safety harness, using a chain saw. Right next to my studio. Of course unlicensed because no licensed business would have done the job. I was afraid for their safety but they survived, needing the small money she paid them.

Some might say "those are her trees she can cut them down" but those trees are immensely important to the area since so much was clear cut over the years. When the last bird has disappeared maybe we will care about trees. Trees belong to the earth, we are visitors. Yes I love trees (but have never hugged one).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden