Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 10:57 PM

7 posts, read 14,756 times

Advertisements

How do I post a picture on here to show you all so you all can help me identify a spider?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 04:55 AM

167 posts, read 597,666 times
I don't know how to post the picture, but there is a great website - whatsthatbug.com - if you go there I bet you will be able to find info on the spider.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:04 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinPinLady View Post
How do I post a picture on here to show you all so you all can help me identify a spider?
I'm a newbie...but I'll try and help you. Find the little paper clip icon which is on top of the box you type in just left of center. Put your arrow on it...it will "say" attachments. Click on this and a window will open.....then click on browse...another, new window opens with your files and pictures...etc. Find the picture you like and double click it...wait a few seconds....the "URL"(I THINK???) appears in the box next to browse...now just click upload...and a thumbnail will upload to city-data...posters can click on that to enlarge it.

I AM SURE there are better and easier ways but this is the only way I currently know how. Also you will get a better response in another forum...maybe F&Q subforum..IF THIS does not help...feel free to DM me..I'm still learning and enjoy helping other posters because it helps me to understand more and some posters have in kind helped me...now try and post a photo after mine... this was an image from files...NOT a regular picture.
Attached Thumbnails
How do post a picture on the City data-ben-1-.jpg  

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 12-05-2009 at 11:37 AM..

Old 12-05-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Remember to click on quote to open the box you type into...here is a regular picture...when you click on this thumbnail it enlarges substantially.
Attached Thumbnails
How do post a picture on the City data-sdc10359.jpg  

Old 12-05-2009, 11:28 AM

Thank you, will give it a try..Wish me luck!!

Old 12-05-2009, 11:33 AM

JJ68, you been great help, I remember this site, could not find it but now I can get ready to put the picture up and see what kind of response I get. Thank you.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Thank you, will give it a try..Wish me luck!!
Good Luck....I/WE wanna see the spider...they have always fascinated me; so you gotta post it here too...LOL.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:00 PM

Talking Anyone know what kind of spider this is??

My dog wanted it so badly but got it in time to keep her from eating it. She has her war with bees, wasps and spiders. She is so stubborn! Lol! She comes in with stings and bumps on her head looking at me in pain. I look at her and oh no, here we go again! She gets treated with Children's Benadryl (hope I spell it right) I have taken her to the Vet the first time it happen but after that the Vet said to me just give her a tease-spoon of this and she will be fine. As long it is not a poisonous spider then I am in trouble. Thank you for all your answers!
Attached Thumbnails
How do post a picture on the City data-img_3901.jpg   How do post a picture on the City data-img_3899.jpg   How do post a picture on the City data-img_3900.jpg  

Old 12-21-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
My dog wanted it so badly but got it in time to keep her from eating it. She has her war with bees, wasps and spiders. She is so stubborn! Lol! She comes in with stings and bumps on her head looking at me in pain. I look at her and oh no, here we go again! She gets treated with Children's Benadryl (hope I spell it right) I have taken her to the Vet the first time it happen but after that the Vet said to me just give her a tease-spoon of this and she will be fine. As long it is not a poisonous spider then I am in trouble. Thank you for all your answers!
YEAH...You did it fine and the "thumbnails" enlarged...CONGRATULATIONS...I just finally learned how to copy and paste links; I used to write them down and transfer...BUT I usually missed a dot or something and it would not work.

The spider looks like a Tarantula (or Trap door) or close relative of one to me...The Benadryl is an antihistamine to help stop allergic reactions...I cannot take it; but I use a different one when I go to the beach..I've gotten bitten by spiders and scorpions there...so you need to be prepared..I forgot we have fire ants here too...NASTY critters!

Old 12-21-2009, 02:51 PM

This little critter was the size of half dollar but again thank you for helping me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden