Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 10,854 times

Advertisements

I have half siblings in California that I would like to learn more about, if only their names and ages. They are my father's children. It wasn't something we spoke of although his side of the family met all of his kids except me and my brother, but I did meet one uncle and his wife and kids. He kept everything pretty much seperate although my full brother and myself are months apart from different half siblings from 2 different people. Is there a way to pull up birth certificates in California with just my Fathers name? I believe they were all born in California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 11:03 PM

37,108 posts, read 41,277,178 times
You might post in the People Search forum.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:03 AM

8 posts, read 19,558 times
Default Half Siblings

Quess my question is, if family of your father met them, why won't they give you their names?

On birth certificates you would need the mothers name, do you know that? Plus you need info like when they were born etc.

You just can't pull info up you have to order certificates you must order them and that can cost anywhere from $15.00 to $27.00.

Someone in your family needs to be kind enough to give you some info. It is not something that should be hidden. I have half siblings and I knew them, and even the bad stuff, that is part of life they don't need to be ashamed of them.

I'm sorry you are having this problem

Old 05-11-2012, 12:41 PM

2 posts, read 10,854 times
I am not close to my father's family. They got upset, a couple of cousins and an Aunt, when I let them know I was actively "continuing" a genealogy tree of my father's side of the family, although that is how we met. They asked me to quit and do my Mother's side as they were doing my father's side. But them building a tree doesn't help me learn more information about my half siblings anyway and they have no intent on coming forth with any information. I have no contact with them now. But they do know my half siblings. I do know the mother's first name and I have approximate dates but not months. I would really like to learn more as in the process I have learned that 2 siblings have passed away. The information came from my father who is senile and is not alwasy lucid

Old 05-26-2012, 04:48 PM

8 posts, read 19,558 times
Default Half Siblings

Do you have ancestry.com???

Do I understand right that you do not know your siblings first names??

I am on ancestry.com. If you could give me some information I could try to find something.

Are you on facebook?? If so, go to the search box, type ancestry and go to that page, people are always sharing "how to" information, we even look things up if possible. They are great people.

Also if your father divorced the other wife they do have divorce information on ancestry.com for marriage, divorce etc.

If you feel comfortable you can send your information to me at my email address and I will see what I can do, if you already have ancestry I am guessing you have tried there already.

My address is Moderator cut: email address deleted I will see what I can find.

It sucks when family has these problems, my parents stop speaking with me for 10 years, got back together then in the early 2000's more stuff happened and my mother and sister would have nothing to do with me. My dad divorced my mom, he got pissed at me and neither of them or my sister have spoke to me in year, and my parents passed still being unhappy with me.

So see, it happens alot.

Lydia

Last edited by in_newengland; 02-26-2016 at 05:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy